1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2004.

1. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

lol. max, I think its a little too much to ask for 2 miracles. ;)

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would LOVE a section linked from the Front Page showing all the great comebacks of Rockets history, that we can think of, anyway! Whenever you have the time, Clutch. ;)

Add Ralph's Miracle Shot, and a host of others. It'd be a great addition to the History section. :cool:

Keep GARM Civil!! Join the Coalition!

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yea... I got both the discussion during the halftime of the Portland/Boston game, and then on Inside the NBA after the Portland game.

I added them to the tailend of the game as the postgame show since TNT doesnt reallly do a postgame like FSN does.

Ill have it available later today after I get off work.

4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I bet Pop wished he had that timeout with 1.7 to go.

This is the most exciting ending I have ever seen. I've watched the video countless times and still get chills.:) :) :)

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Devin Brown: ”I was pushed in the lower back but I can't dwell on that. It was a tough play. We are expecting a foul to be called and it is tough when there is no call.”

Yeah right.

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I have it saved on my DVR so some of my friends are gona get together tonight and watch the game again at my place! Just AmAzInG!

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I spent most of the evening cooking, cleaning up, and tring to get the kids in bathed and in bed. had the game on in the background with the sound off, and actually got to watch most of the 2nd quarter. Finally got everyone settled down, grabbed the remnants of my glass of wine and plopped down on the couch to watch...the last minute. Pretty mediocre basketball to that point I thought, but a shame the rockets had to fade in the end after playing the Spurs so tight all night...

(sidebar: notice how the spurs not only move the ball, but their players move w/out the ball too? the rockets pass much better than last year, but the guys off ball are pretty much standing around most of the time. and Mo and J-Ho...Uhgggg- start Padgett, at least he hustles and can shoot.)

...then, a bolt from on high, 47 minutes of crushing boredom, punctuated by 47 seconds of transcendental levitation. T-Mac had no business making one of those shots, much less all four. I don't know how he even got them off with defenders drapped all over him or with their hands in his face...

this one goes to eleven.

8. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

nice guess

9. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

it is the next morning after now.
    i still cant believe it!!!!

im gonna have a good day at work

thanks tmac

10. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

It's very nice of you to do this. Thank you.

11. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/games/20041209/SASHOU/recap.html

Check out this quote by JVG.. he seriously never quits, even if we win. "He's gifted," Van Gundy said. "He misses makeable ones and makes unmakeable ones."

Is it just too difficult to say, "yes, he is an amazing athelete and those were some incredible shots. I am very proud of him and our team." NOOOOOO thats too difficult for him. He has to be the D!CK that he is and say something r****ded to piss off his players. If he got a B!tch Slap for every r****ded comment that he made, his head would be hanging by a piece of skin from his neck. ahhhhh. we really need a new coach. i dont think a coach have ever annoyed me so much :mad:

12. dback816

dback816 Member

You guys...i Will AdMIt...

I turned the TV off at around the 1 minute mark.

I was pissed.

I was frustrated by why the hell we keep losing aganist the Spurs..a mechanical, lame, boring team.

Then I checked NBA.com about an hour ago......

Wow..........

13. ClickMaster

ClickMaster New Member

NOOOO WAY! Guys, I kid you not my DVR hung last night with 1 minute to go and Rockets way down! (I was recording/watching delayed game)

I thought for sure we lost, and had no interest in hearing ESPN talk about how ugly we looked.

Then today I log on to clutchfans and find out McGrady scores 13 with less than a minute to go?!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

Am I getting punk'd?

14. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

This thing is hanging with everyone. Day after and we are still in the buzzzz

One of the great Rocket moments. Kiss of death, Sampson turn around on and on

this team comes together and makes the playoffs we will look back to this game, no doubt about it.

As has been posted... this could be the turn around.

Ride TMac and Yao like a mule... they can carry this thing.

15. fasthand2000

fasthand2000 Contributing Member

Oh Bot, my prediction was very close :D

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Un-freakin'-believable...I was watching the game after drinks and was talking to my bro on the phone and we were watching this miracle unfold...My neighbors are probably PO'd as I was jumping up and down and yelling and screaming...

Great win, and I think this is the start of something special...

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

this right here says alot about some fans expectations....

where alot of you say " boring, ugly, lame, etc ".....translates to..." good defensive battles"

there is mor to the game than flashy offenses.....that "lame, boring team" is considered by most experts as the best team in the league.

lame and boring will win more often than flashy offensive units who play no D.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

ORIGINALLY POSTED FROM SAS BB

This Spurs squad has the ability to be a great team, but I think everyone got caught up in the hype really quickly. The Spurs have blown leads more than once in the 4th quarter this year. They have feasted on a weak schedule and have played against teams that were missing their key players at the time.

People assumed that the chemisrty was already rolling, but obviously it has not. These past two games the Spurs have comitted silly turnovers (bad passes), passed the ball too many times (not taking shots), or have been slow on rotations. They were getting their butts handed to them last night (trailing most of the night) and now they have another 4th quarter collapse.

Coach Pop has to bring these players down to earth and make them realize that just because they are the favorites to win this year, opposing teams are not going to roll over and die.

By the way...I know Brent is struggling offensively, but he is not very good defensively either. Brent has never been known for being a defensive player and I am having trouble believing that he's going to turn into one this season.

Funny, reading posts on the SAS BB. You would think the Spurs were in last place by reading the comments on this BBS. It was Manu can't do this, when is Rash going to come out of his coma, Brent Barry is a bust blah blah. I can't imagine these guys being Rox fans, we would have like 100,000 trolls on this board.

19. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Some random thoughts after THE game

Wow, my first post game post for a long time. Let me start by saying TMac, YOU RULE. But this is not just another "we rock" post. There are some problems this team must address:

1. As usual, late in the game we started going away from Yao, who got his token one shot (I think) before the last minute of the fourth. I can understand this if he was doubled or fronted effectively or dead tired. I can also understand if we were going to TMac for a while and mixing it up. But what the hell is this passing around to pick out MoT and JHoward? Remember both TMac and Yao were hot during the second and start of the third, then we just waited until they cooled down before going back to them. We lucked out this from a miraculous performance in the last min. Next time we won't be so lucky.

2. TMac, you the man, but you are better than how you are playing. Take it to the hole, finish strong. Quit shooting jumpers from the outside when it's not working for you.

3. Goddam refs. Can it be any worse? I mean, I understand that some teams are just gonna get the calls, but do they have to make it so blatantly obvious? For example, Yao's first foul (you know the one where Rasho set a pick to free up TD on the low post so Yao switched on TD). I know Yao was facing away from me, but still, I was watching it on a 61 inch TV and I don't think I saw any contact. Then, next possession, Yao got "blocked" by Duncan, who blocked all of his body and arm before the ball. The Tony Parker pass, which was called on us; the invisible fouls in general and of course, Duncan's elbow connecting with Yao's nose in shooting, which was a Yao foul of course.

4. MoT and Juwann. I am a bit surprised by Juwann's lack of performance, but at least he was getting semi decent shots backing down from like 6 feet. Mo keeps getting blocked or air balls. Also, whenever either one of them gets the ball, you know it's going up. Did anybody ever teach them to maybe pass and repost? And for all those MoT is a good scorer posters, Mo is not a good scorer. He only appears to be one because he was playing against bench scrubs last year. Neither he or JHoward should start.

5. Sura. I really really like this guy. I think there was one instance in which he got trapped, but has anyone noticed that he pretty much always gets the ball across half court in 6 seconds? With TMac and Yao, all we need from him is to protect the ball and make the obvious pass, which is what he's doing. My only gripe is that he really needs to get some of his shooting touch back. Does anyone notice how weird his release looks?

6. Barrett, good change of pace, penetrate and dish, could improve on D but in general playing well, which is what worries me (don't anybody let CD near his agent for the next year or so).

7. Bowen, non existant offence but nice hustle D. He's one dimensional but I really like that one dimension. When TMac and Yao are playing well, he's great to have in there.

8. Padgett for Pres.

20. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Then your obviously an idoit!!! Yes T-Mac won the game with his shooting but our defense kept us close enough to let it happen.