1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/20/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2016.

1. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Nice run, lessons learned. Now go get the next ten.

IvanLCPM, RocketWalta, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ha! That's how i see it.

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Bad Loss, great game from the boys. If we get good on the aspects we have to improve from this game, the L was worth it. Spurs are a good team, they had to sweat it.

bro2044 and ramotadab like this.
  4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

We were lucky to have the Spurs make more mistakes than they usually do, and unlucky to miss more open shots than we usually do. Tough loss but it happens. Nothing to cry doom over, go win the next one.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Brutal. Just brutal. All that hard work, and then to just give it away. Yes, the Spurs made some shots at the end. But damn, those turnovers were just brutal.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Still salty about that one. Total meltdown. Got too conservative and got burned

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

Harden's turnover and the last one, I think by Gordon killed us. Other than that, I think we're legit

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. We straight up choked that one away, no getting around that. Obviously can't be TOO mad since we had a 10 game streak and all of that, but it's really infuriating to piss away probably our best defensive effort of the season against a really good team. This one edges out the OKC loss for most infuriating/worst choke of the season. Gotta learn how to close these games out, up 13 with 4 min left, you gotta seal the deal there.

deb4rockets and ilovehtownbb like this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets haven't had a home b2b since 2011.

This season has 3 sets..

10. eslate22

eslate22 Member

tonight's game is in phoenix... not at home

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Ah ha!!... make that 2 sets.

Seems weird to ever have them. This season marks 6 years since the last occurrence.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

That 4th quarter performance by Manu was vintage. He beat us.

Patience and RedNation like this.
  13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Good catch. By the rule book it's a foul. You have to let the shooter land.

2 minute report should be interesting.

The thing is the refs decide to call it differently in the last 2 minutes. Call is 50-50.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  14. rocketsmetalspd

The one that really hurt the team was the Ariza rebound and instead of advancing the ball himself tried to pass it Harden which got stolen. The Spurs would've had to foul and send someone to the line. I still hope Morey is looking to trade for a big: My three to trade would be Brewer, KJ(this guy needs to be playing if not here somewhere) and Ennis. I don't know what these 3 can get the team but something must be done. Nene can't give you many minutes and Harrell is a bit undersized with big Cs out there.

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

He won it for us against the Wolves then he lost it for us against the Spurs.

The lack of ballhandlers worries me about the Rockets. We rely too much on Harden to handle and take care of the ball and it's always good to have 2-3 guys on the floor who know how to bring up the ball and handle it.

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Manu was literally responsible for over 90% of the Spurs points in the 4th quarter (including the gamewinning assist) and he was playing good defense, getting steals.

I thought he was done but he still has some gas left in the tank.visiblevitrum@gmail.com

17. eslate22

eslate22 Member

ya it is a rarity simply from a front office standpoint that fans would choose one or the other to go to so you wouldn't get a full house for either game... with how many road games we started with, it was bound to happen this season

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Some OT news:

Patience likes this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

DMo: "THATS MY $4million!!!"

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That was frustrating at the end of the game. You just saw it happening and the lead evaporating. It felt like the opposite of what we did the other night in Minnesota. All you could do was cringe. But, our poor 3 point shooting caught up with us and that is going to happen on some nights given how heavily we rely on it. I can't say I was mad....just disappointed...because it felt like win #11 was on the way and Santa took it away because I was naughty. I had to keep flipping the game off and coming back. I kind of blame myself for not being able to sit through it. I could have jinxed it.

hakeem94 likes this.