1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/20/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I was there tonight. Section 104

I ****ing hate the Spurs

Goodnight

2. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

F)COCOCOOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

At least Harden's taking responsibility for bad play. Harden sounds really sick in his post game press conference

dragonwill likes this.
  4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Most of those 3s came from turnover steals where the team wasn't in the right position to defend.
    He probably thought it was a lapse that wouldn't happen again in the same sequence. But it did.

5. Rocketeer4Life

It happened 3 straight times in a critical time of the game. And that was the turning point of the game. Each time a 3 was made, I was expecting a timeout because you can feel the momentum shifting. Pop would always call a timeout as soon as Rockets would score two straight times which is the right thing to do to stop the momentum of the Rockets...

dragonwill likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I was at the game. It was fun but heartbreaking. ******* Trevor, hold onto the damn ball.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm over it, was over it right after it happened. Spurs are a top team. It happens.

Remember those years when we'd shrink in big games like this? Hasn't happened once this year. We've played The Spurs 3x, Warriors, Cavs and each time they were close games that were decided in the last 3 or so minutes. Can't ask for more.

Our worst L this year has been against the Hawks and the Jazz. My guess is teams with athletic centers that can protect the paint will be a match up issue for us.

fryjol7 and Ramo$e like this.
  9. Zergling

Zergling Member

The game was lost from our 3pt shooting, but I have a problem with the amount of minutes Ariza is getting over Dekker.

Ariza's PER is 14.88 and Dekker's is 14.83. Dekker had the better +/- in this game and we probably win if MDA gives them an equal minutes distribution. Instead Ariza played 35 minutes and Dekker just 21 minutes. When we had the lead at the end, Dekker should've been in there instead of Gordon since we didn't need points to win. We needed stops and you trust Dekker's length over Gordon, who's man hit open threes.

I was at the game and it was clear our runs were when he was in the game. Not surprised to look at the box score after the fact and see the +/- reflect that.

ramotadab, arabrocket and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  10. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Just watched the game. Those turnovers by Ariza at the end pissed me off. Should not have drove to the rim when we're already up by x points. Time is on our side.

Why in such a rush to pass the ball off. Time is on our side. How could you not see the defender right next to Harden.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets T'Wolfed them selves tonight.

bearded and ramotadab like this.
  12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

good newz is Rox upside much higher than the Spurs this season and most of the mistakes tonight are correctable not to mention the off night of shooting 3's

arabrocket likes this.
  14. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

I was in Section 101. There were a lot of annoying Spurs fans behind me who wouldn't shut the **** up. I still can't believe that turnover after Leonard missed that layup...

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Had a pretty nice baseline view near the Rockets bench. I was minding my own business and eating my chili cheese hot dog when all of a sudden I see Morey like LITERALLY 5 feet from me. I took a picture of him... taking a picture. Guessing his daughter is one of the girls.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Gordon had a terrible game. Up double digits late in the game, MDA made a big mistake throwing EG out there and taking out Dekker, who's the better and longer defensive player. We didn't need points at that junction. We needed stops and Spurs guards killed us with open threes.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. kevtse

kevtse Member

I like Ariza, but bad things happen when he put the ball on the floor.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I have a feeling Dekker would have been the only one to get to Patty Mills to contest that dagger 3 since Beverly was stuck somewhere else.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=400899867

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah this stings, but it's not as bad as some of you make it look. How often does Gordon go for 1 for 8 and we hit only 6 as a team?? Harden's 3pt shooting has been off all year, don't know why that is and I wish he'd stop hoisting them so much and just focus on getting those step backs in mid range where he's much more deadly, but other than that, we're in a great position. We lost by 2 and it's very telling we could hang with them despite our horrible shooting and Capela out.

ramotadab likes this.