1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2012.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

The first highlight posted was from Geraldd.

Below highlight is from Blaiyan.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/81lx1EaoVk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. adamzee

adamzee Member

strangest stat of the night: neal with 28-0-0-0

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cuttino Mobley's brother?

4. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Dear Carlos,
    If you had shot 3-12 we would have won.

5. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Give McHale a break. He just lost his daughter and he as a completely new team to break in. I swear you knee-jerkers need to go jerk in a circle-jerk somewhere.

If you don't have any patience, go watch Jersey Shore.

6. pnr

pnr Member

Tough loss especially since it was SO winnable. UGH, silly, silly. However, can't be too mad since it is the Spurs and we were without Harden! I said at the beginning of the game that I'd be happy if we kept it within 20, and we did :) Great to see Lin have a great game! He really needed this one for his confidence. Hopefully he will be able to perform similarly (not as Linsane but better than he has been this season) WITH harden in the lineup. If he can, then this team is playoff bound.

7. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

Dear Douglas,

I don't know what they see in your defense.

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Basketball is not a one-man game.

9. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Thank you and Blaiyan for posting the highlights video. Geraldd's Lin highlights videos are always great, but the team highlights are the ones I always prefer. This team is so much fun to watch and I simply don't want to miss any player's great performance or shots. :p

Great game, Go Rockets!

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this game was exciting, however. the spurs proved they knew how to win in crunch time.

the should have ran a better play than the iso Lin at end of regulation.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they are deeper than us and have two stars and a superstar

12. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

That would've required coaching and that's a big task to ask from McHale and Sampson.

Not once this season have I seen them run a play at the end during crunch time. It's all failed ISO attempts. :(

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Thanks for the highlights! Based on that, Lin was in his mode and had his swagger. That one shot where he tied it at 118 where he was falling back and you saw the rainbow just drop in the net, that's a beautiful shot. I don't understand it when people say his form or his shooting mechanics is broken, therefore he will never be a great shooter. His form is beautiful and he can get it off anytime, he just needs the confidence like tonight. There's no reason to lose this game, but if you give up that many points, something's wrong.

14. jondoe

jondoe Member

Why does Carlos Scrub-fino get so much burn? Anyone?

15. gengar

gengar Member

I hope McHale gets fired or he changes up the plays.

EVERYONE is saying let Lin play PG and Harden play SG, and I fully agree. Why is the coach the only one who cant see that? Lin is a natural playmaker, who really drives his team into offensive flow, while Harden is an excellent scorer, who doesnt need to have the ball in his hands all the time.

McHale is trying to turn a SCORING point guard who is gifted at penetrating, into a spot-up shooter who doesnt touch the ball.

Its no f****ing wonder Lin is slumping, it's like asking D.Rose or CP3 to play as a spot-up shooter instead of doing what they're good at: scoring and passing with the ball in their hands most of the time.

I really wish there was a way for Rockets higher-ups to see this or this thread at least.

16. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Haha, I just can't take this bit anymore about Ouglas being a defensive stopper. He has not proven once this year that he is deserving of this title.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lmao
    come back, Royce and bring us the D

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

It's entirely possible that the coaching staff wants Lin to be able to play both positions moving forward. Would Lin have hired a shooting coach and practiced day in day out if his shooting flaws weren't so highlighted as a SG? Probably not.

This team is young and we should be looking to the future. I think that Lin is doing the right thing by not complaining.

19. ERC

ERC Member

Yeah. Had the Spurs had that last possession, Popovich would definitely have run one for Parker or Green.

20. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

LOF are so aggressive far out calm down. Good game though.