1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2012.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Notice today, Rockets were chasing after loose balls, everyone was running fast and the whole crowd was going crazy? That's Linsanity. Coach's have been holding him back. Like, why the f did Lin sit on the ENTIRE 4th quarter in Dallas. OUTRAGEOUS!!!

2. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I also called myself a LOF. :) I also hurt when I saw all those bashes but I still strongly believe he can prove them wrong. Don't blame you though just beg you for the sake of Lin.:grin:

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

When Lin plays and gets 38 points, we had a chance on championship team. When Harden goes for 38, we lose to Dallas, subpar team. If Harden scores 38 points, the rest of the team gets no touches, and we lose by 25 points to the Spurs w/ absolutely no chance of coming back. We had a chance to come back tonight.

1 person likes this.
  4. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Ok fine. I just ask you to come to my aid when they trash me for saying something positive about Lin. I don't trash anyone for supporting any member of the team.

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

You guys notice that when Lin plays like this with his 38 points, all the rockets players were up tempo, rockets players diving for loose balls, bench goes crazy, the crowd goes crazy, the opponent (Spurs) get scared? You look at Harden get 38 points, we lose to the Spurs by 20 points with no chance of coming back. This is why Lin should be running the team, not Harden.

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

thank you. I normally would not argue with people unless they are really unreasonable or racial related. I have to keep cool for the good of my bp.:) Health is everything and I am a 60 years old man.

7. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Harden needs to stop trying to recruit players during basketball season and work at playing with the teammates he has right now. It's also very egotistical to say he can't do it alone and needs another player. Implies the rest of his teammates are scrubs. The team had great chemistry in the pre-season but the danger with Harden is that he can destroy it.

8. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

lol now everyone here is pretending they always loved Lin ;)

9. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Thank you - you are a wise man.

10. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, sad loss but good team efforts. Keep it up guys.

11. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Agreed. They missed his potential last year when they cut him. But then AFTER Linsanity they missed his potential AGAIN!!! If the Rockets had a GOOD COACH they probably could WIN at least 1 playoff series THIS SEASON!!!

12. jocar

jocar Member

Exactly. Thank u. Lin's one of my fav players in the NBA, and being called Hater!!! by some lil juvenile fanboy every time I have an opinion rubs me the wrong way. pistol likes turning CFers against each other for his entertainment.

13. CCM721

CCM721 Member

All Harden is doing is acknowledging what everyone else already knows, the rockets are still another star away from contending. Part of the advantage of getting Harden here was that he made Houston a more attractive destination for other stars and the fact he had team USA connections. I'm sure Daryl Morey is more than happy and even encourages Harden to recruit another star.

14. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Excuse me - I didn't call you a hater at all but you did call me a troll didn't you (and a lil juvenile fanboy also)? I apoligized and called for a cease fire so that we can root for the team together and discuss the games objectively.

15. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Any highlights?????

16. just a word

just a word Member

I don't know how I feel about the fact that, considering that Lin stepped on the line twice, it was more like 6-7 threes. Which means that his % for 3pters has actually somehow become better than his % layups.

Chasing two rabbits indeed. :rolleyes: Oh rookies.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Just watched the game on league pass because I watched the Texans...

Patrick with another superb rebounding performance, I see.

A great gritty performance by our squad, just ran out of juice in the end.

Proud of my team but upset that we lost.

18. Jedster

Jedster Member

I actually do know how you feel, but even if they don't keep things civil and keep insulting, just don't let it get to you. There is no need to retaliate. Just go ignore list or skip over the annoying comments.

It's not really your job or mine to change everyone's views about Lin one way or another. Just talk with other fans who enjoy the same things and keep your mood positive.

I actually noticed that reading too many negative posts on this site can change my mood more than I expect or want. So yeah, we just gotta learn not to get riled up.

19. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

good advice - thanks.

20. just a word

just a word Member

So much truth.

Also a new career high. :rolleyes: