1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/10/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

lowest rated Rocket game in history with the Texans on

2. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

That guy is everywhere

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

At least I have the Texans game to look forward to

4. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I'm really not in the mood to have to watch the Rockets battle the Spurs the second time within a week.

NBA schedule is really ridiculous in many ways. I've always felt whoever is in charge of making NBA schedule should have been fired long time ago. Why would any team have to ever play back-to-back games when there are 180 days to play 82 games? Why do some teams get 4 days off while the others have to play 4 games in 5 days? Why does a team have to ever play a back-to-back game with the same opponent team when there are 30 teams out there? Couldn't NBA hire some MIT professors to design some balanced and reasonable schedule? :mad:

5. M4-Nightvision

do a better job on pick n roll. asik come out more on parker ..

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

7. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Errr....you realize that stadiums that NBA use to play their games don't just host NBA teams? Big-time stadiums like the one in LA often have huge events that may go days on end. The NBA has to take into consideration all stadiums' non-NBA booked events. The schedule as it is now is probably the best-case scenario. Millions of statisticians would kill to be the person who creates the NBA schedule. In fact, there was a video or article about the current NBA schedule guy that you might want to educate yourself with.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm not watching this game. It's to the point where I get nauseous." Oh look he doing the same wrong thing. Do I have a sixth sense or something?"

9. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

These Rockets and the coaching have become so predictable, the scenarios for today's game will be

1) If Lin starts making his shots from the start, he will be benched 3 minutes into the game for the "far superior" defender Toney Douglas who will hold down Parker to only 50 points, where as Lin would've allowed him 51 points.

or

2)James sits outs this game to rest his ankle and all pressure is on Lin to carry the team. The team gets blown out and the Lin skeptics cheer and bump the JOKE!!1 thread claiming he's a bum because he couldn't lead the team to a victory over the scrubtastic little Spurs.

That said, I hope the Rockets come out with more energy than the last few games and don't give the Spurs an easy win.

10. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

So funny to see you write that. Growing up in Texas, it was assumed that I would root for Texas teams. All of them, though not all to the same degree. With the Rockets as my favorite NBA team, it was a given that my second favorite team would be Dallas or San Antonio. (It's San Antonio.) You say that you can be a fan of both because you're not from Texas; I'm expected to be, at least to some extent, a fan of both because I am from Texas.

11. ERC

ERC Member

Yeah, I remember reading something about it. Take the Staple Center, for example, they have to accommodate not only the Clippers and Lakers but also events like the Grammy Awards. The Spurs have to take road trips in February to accommodate the annual rodeo, the Bulls have to vacate United Center for some circus show every November, not to mention the endless concert at Knicks' MSG. Mad props to whoever the NBA schedule guy is.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If thats the case then where is the contraversy? Who really cares which one starts? Thats like arguing if you want 6 or half a dozen.

13. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, it's sad but so true.

14. pnr

pnr Member

Harden out officially. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We have a lead going to the 4th quarter. Then Asik is sitting out. Patterson battling for boards against TD.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Linsanity is born. The ballhogger is out.

17. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

It's cool, me and the Lin fans got this one.

Titans' season was over two years ago!

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

19. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

We got blown out in San Antonio with our best player.

We'll get blown out in Houston without him.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden out...any point of watching this game?