1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/24/2014 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 23, 2014.

1. bongman

bongman Member

I can only suggest that you watch that second quarter and see how that defense worked. It had nothing to do with guarding the low post but just extra pressure on the ball. The switch defense was active and forcing the spurs to turn the ball over. Nobody is suggesting this lineup for a long period but it was certainly nice to see that it can be effective.

2. basketballholic

I've already seen Terrence at the 5 in the regular season. It will not work! Terence can't even stick 4's, much less 5's.

It's great in theory because Terrence has the skillset of a Center that can handle. It's a great idea. But Terrence is simply too small and that lineup is too small to work in the regular season. They get totally bludgeoned on the defensive glass because they cannot hold off the bigs that play in the regular season.

I've already seen it. WILL.NOT.WORK

3. bongman

bongman Member

Because we all know that you are NEVER wrong. . :rolleyes:

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Jones only works at the 5 on smaller teams. No way would that work against Memphis or someone with an enormous front line.

5. basketballholic

You must mean never right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Shut up Mr. Know it all... So annoying..

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is how basketballholic operates. You learn to tune it out.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't see the game, but even after last game I thought we should just hand the backup PG spot to Canaan, and see if he can develop. Just throw him into the fire. I think he is just as good as any alternative on our current roster.

This game's box score cements that. Will check out the actual game tomorrow.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Well that seals it: let Canaan play, at least he CAN shoot!! Ish cannot and will not spread the floor which is imperative for our style of play. Also, McHale said Canaan showed improvement in training camp lately so I hope this is not just a test to see how he would handle it with no Ish. Maybe he came to his sense and finally understood that Canaan while not a PG, is 1000x better than a chicken.

Troy Daniels just 1 for 5, he's slacking off..needs to work on making more if he wants playing time.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So which is which mr. Know it all. Vast difference between a superstar player and a much better player. So CP3 or hmm Jeff Teague

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Just saw the whole game and that last minute was just a beauty, from the game action (Canaan threes and TJ block) but also the bench. Garcia and Harden went nuts and Harden did the dance again :D

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

did anyone else notice T Jones palm the ball near the end like it was a Grapefruit... flash back of Otis...

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Or add to ignore list

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

waiting for the batkins highlights

15. benchmoochie

bring back drew, chico, roe for Christ, and all the other insiders.

16. benchmoochie

I need a animated GIF of Harden emailed to me. I will enter the person in my next giveaway (not the boston game. will be spurs or after) for this gif.
    Thanks.

17. Classic

Classic Member

This.

Luv me some batkins highlights.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member