1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sonics @ Rockets 1/21/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2008.

1. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

I really hope/think that the Rockets will take care of the Sonics in their own gym the way they should have tonight.

2. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

ugly win is better than decent lose for us now

3. beachboys

beachboys Member

This is not the first time happened while T-Mac on court.

Weird isn't it.

4. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

reading the nba.com recap, tmac was in pain here are some quotes

"Today was really bad,'' McGrady said. "It was good to see that I played more minutes and stayed out there for a good portion of the fourth quarter. For the most part, I felt like I pushed my way through it.''

Thats great that he's pushing through this

McGrady said he'd rather help his team try to salvage this season than sit out more games and let the knee fully recover.

"It's going to be that way, because I can't rest to let it heal all the way up,'' he said. "It's something I'm going to have to tolerate.''

Now I'm no medical expert but this can't be good for his future, if he's dragging his leg up and down the court putting more pressure and stress on his other leg, it could lead to more injuries, it could also lead to more back injuries as his back won't be so aligned which puts pressure on that.

5. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

When ball is in T-Mac's hands, he tends to hold the ball and watch what is going on, and other Rockets players tend to stand on the court and watch as well, and maybe there will be one player (either PF or C) comes out to set screen after x seconds.

The whole team is not running. In JVG time, it almost totally relies on T-Mac to create offense. But now it should be different.

This needs to be changed. Both the coach and T-Mac should realize this. And other players should run as well. Don't know why this is happening.

We can win some games with everyone playing like this (just like we can also win some games even if T-Mac is not playing, or even if Yao is not playing). However, to become a better team, this problem has to be fixed, I think.

6. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Everyone else was at best mediocre? Then who was the best-player for the game?

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

are u focusing on 2-3 plays in the ENTIRE game b/c tmac only did that 2-3 times the ENTIRE time he was in there. you will let tmac have those 2-3 possesions (and sometimes more) b/c he's just that good.

the same way the lakers will stop the triangle for a while and let kobe do his things.

80% of hte time, he ran the offense well.

you mean to tell me yao ming never holds the ball too long and the players watch (see the 4th quarters of the sixers and hornets). the same thing w/ rafer??

stop nitpicking b/c it just shows you're just to pick at anything to hate on tracy.

and scola has gotten GREAT open looks from the mid-range. adelman even criticized him in the post conference and said U MUST KNOCK THOSE DOWN. they're OPEN.

you're also disregarding the great plays of landry with tmac.

well, rafer is up and down.

8. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Whenever there were teammates around, Yao did not struggle for defensive rebounds. His was afraid that his elbow might accidently hit his teammates. This was one explaination Yao gave in an interview many years ago.

I believe, if Yao plays for figures, he can get much more rebounds.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

why are we arguing about yao?

he played fantastic. he carried us for 3 quarters. he was a BEAST. the only thing i didn't like was that he gave up a ton of jumpers to his man but i guess that's due to strategy?

but offensively, yao was dominant as hell for 3 quarters and he allowed tmac to take over and finish the job.

10. kwng

kwng Member

What happened to Scola and Hayes laying an egg? It makes me wonder because
    these two guys is having a tough time making their shots in SAS and tonight games especially Scola. No to blame TMac, is it possible when TMac is on court made those two guys more nervous or gave them more pressure :D

11. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

Go kiss T-Mac's ass.

I wasn't accusing him. I have no proof to say that he doesn't want the team to run and I didn't say that.

I said T-Mac and coach need to figure it out. Other players need to run. It is just not good enough to play like what I observed. Same thing happened in last game.

T-Mac is good. But don't tell me that he is just that good and you can totally rely on him creating all the offense. Look at what has happened to him for all his 1st round exit.

Don't want to argue with you who should be blame for the early 1st round exit. I am just trying to say: It is not going to work all the way when you want to go deep in playoff, as this has been proved many times!

Don't bring up Yao for any argument against my point. You can't rely on Yao to create all the offense, neither.

12. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I agree with deeperblue...relying on one player to create ALL the offense is not a formula for winning (as seen with the Suns-Spurs series...tempo was slowed down, Bowen really put the clamps down on Nash, and with Amare in constant foul trouble they could not generate offense). T-Mac should be an offensive option, not THE offense.

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Ugly win for the Rockets. I really don't like the lineup we had out there for a good part of the game: Yao, Hayes, Battier, Wells, and Alston. If we want an offensive drought, that's a good way to have one.

Landry played extremely well. Yao was a monster. TMac played well too although he looked pretty gimpy. The rest had mediocre games.

Is there a worse team than the Rockets in the fourth quarter? I don't know if it is the lineup, the mentality or what, but we absolutely stink down the stretch.

We can probably afford 14 more losses this year. I glad we didn't burn one up on this game.

14. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

:eek: thats a hand check.

15. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Co-signed.

16. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

He is major part of the offense, but it just cannot be like JVG time that he is the only one that runs the offense.

No player can take over 48 min x 82 games, though the real stars can take over in critical moments.

With current coach, everyone should be involved to run the offense, not just to catch and shoot/layup/dunk.

17. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

I think we should not judge a player good or not by looking at their poins only. Chuck, Battier and Scola even not have a great sheet, but they all do a lot of hussle things that make matter. I like the win any way.. Go rockets.

18. jc1988

jc1988 Member

so? dont u know that most rules don't apply to Yao?

19. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Time to pop my cherry....I saw the headline about Scola shooting 0 for 6 and just wanted to say I was very happy with his play on the defensive end. I counted at least 3 or 4 charges drawn by him in the 2nd half alone.

20. daRox

daRox Member

this deserves a ban