1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sonics @ Rockets 1/21/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2008.

1. bbjai

bbjai Member

Personally I don't think its the public. But I don't think he likes seeing his team lose, especially with spectacular 4th collapses we have had. Bottom line i think is his a competitor, he loves winning, loves basketball. His coming back cause he hates his team losing, and he wants to win a championship. Anything else is just crap. His there to help Yao win, and thats period. His not a quitter and he can play through pain.

2. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

I am with you on this one, dude. Just ignore the freaking haters. Nitro1118 isa known Tmac-only-fan (TOF). It pains him when Yao could get any kind of credits in a win. It pains him to see someone say both Tmac and Yao owned and won the game for us.

3. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

WNBA is a YOF? ROFL

Just read what the guy has said before, fool. He is a known Yao hater. Both of you are dumb.

4. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It's hard to argue with 30 points/17 rebounds/3 blocks and only 2 TO's. Some people will feel compelled to try though.

Speaking of rebounds, I'm predicting Yao's rebounding numbers go up as the season progresses. He's never going to be able to pull down a huge number of defensive rebounds. Since he's the primary shot blocker on the defensive end he's usually out of position after a shot attempt, and he's not physically quick enough to recover. Under JvG on the offensive end he typically fired away and then ran back immediately to defend. Adelman lets him hang around looking for offensive rebounds though and he's shown real improvement on the offensive glass this season.

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

we need to steal ridnour away from tha sonics. i've seen games where west and watson were more involved in tha game than he was.

6. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

Good win, no matter how ugly it is. I'm a little worried that our PG can't shoot well even in the good position.

7. Badrose

Badrose Member

May you explain me why almost every NBA game started so early today? I thought Rockets game was supposed to start at 8PM ET...

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I didn't even read this thread but I'm going to assume I'm not the only one who missed the game due to it being in the middle of the freaking afternoon on a day when almost nobody had off of work (although I did...for a change).

9. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I never siad Yao didn't own...the guy was incredible. On basketballworld.us I was in a debate contest, and debated that Yao has been the 2nd best center of the past decade, past guys like Ben Wallace. It is no secret...T-Mac is my favorite player, but I am a big Rockets fan overall, and I give credit where credit is due. Read my first post...nothing I said was against Yao or bashing Yao, all I was saying is that that poster didn't bring Yao up because T-mac was the player that was out when the team was having big 4th quarter collapses.

10. alaskansnowman

4th quarter collapses are getting real old. T-mac came in and helped prevent a total disaster from forming. Even with 1 leg, he's a valuable component, but we need him to get to 100%.

From what I've seen, Adelman's offense has a chance to be pretty lethal assuming T-mac gets back to full health. That's a big if though, judging by how he's hobbling around out there.

11. YugoRocketsFan

One thing surely bothers me, how does Landry play like 14 minutes, but Scola plays well over 20?

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

U.S. holiday.

13. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

[​IMG]

What's this guy doing to Yao! Foul play!

14. Badrose

Badrose Member

Thanks ;)

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You really need to have that explained? I'm surprised.

16. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

[​IMG]

Brooks remember everyone wants to sex Mutombo

Landry is starting to become quite useful, hayes days are numbered I think as he only got 15 minutes while scola got 25 and landry got 15 aswell

17. newstart

newstart Member

Pathetic TOF.

18. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

What?!? That was NOT intended to be a knock on Yao...it is NOT his fault that Adelman cannot draw up plays to prevent fronting, and players cannot knock down open shots from teams double teaming Yao. But the fact is that T-Mac was not around during those collapses, which is why I back up the original member's point in not mentioning Yao when he said the team wouldn't have won without T-Mac. Would they have won without Yao? Of course NOT, the guy was incredible, but I understand why he just said T-mac.

19. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Plays like these really make me believe that if his knee is getting better, he will definitely play in the allstar game.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he can jump straight up just fine. that's not a problem. his problem is running laterally, making cuts to the basket, making cuts off of screens, explode on his first step to the basket... those are the things we have not seen tmac attempt to do.

those are things that he needs if he wants to be the tmac that we all know.

jumping straight up is nothing.