1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Yeah, they did the intro for them. There's a picture on twitter!

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Good supporting numbers.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Glad you see it too.

I have pointed this out in this forum before. For the last game against the Celtics, Lin with his basketball IQ and strategic thinking decided that his main job would be to lock down Rondo rather than scoring himself, because he knew if he did that effectively he could reduce Rondo's assists and thus lower the C's scoring. But it was a pity to see that many people were still criticizing him for his low points.

But when Lin saw that the Rockets needed at least 25 additional points to make up for Harden's production in the game against the Spurs because he had to sit out for injury, he took it upon himself to produce 38 points, which was more than the sum of both his and Harden average of 36.5 points at that time.

And in the last two games, when Lin finally figured out how to work with Harden effectively, the duo have been producing more than 50 points a night.

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

It would be difficult to win over the Raptors because of their Dirty Little Tricks. I have chronicled the illegal screening and some borderline on hard fouls in a long report posted in the thread for the game on 12/16.

Check it out especially if you care to watch a replay of the game on League Pass.

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

SAS has started to change his opinion on Lin because he had personally witnessed the popularity of Lin among Asian fans. He got surrounded a lot of reporters from Asia recenly asking for his opinion when Lin had just matched his career-high 38 points in the game against the Spurs. The fact that Lin has got close to 300,000 votes for the All-Star game probably also contributed to that.

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

One reporter has mentioned that Lin told him he's been adjusting the arc of hos shooting because he could not jump as high as before.

There could be so many causes for an air ball.

In the last blow out game against the Knicks, JR Smith shot an air ball right after Lin shot his.

I feel we are just being too harsh on Lin for whatever the reasons.

7. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Lin may need time to figure things out, but he will not allow himself to do that.

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I'd bet Lin has no idea that he had caused people to post that frequently.

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Lin could have at least two more double doubles this season if he was not taken out.

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I'll bet the Roxx will win this one.

11. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

With 37 points combined average, they are already the most dangerous backcourt in the league now.

I think when they can stabilize at around 45 points per game and Morey manages to get us a more powerful power forward, we will be able to push forward to at least the second round of the postseason.

12. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

He has better low post finishing skills and a higher FG% than Asik. Glad we have a great back up for Asik at 5.

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Toney Douglas has made some progress learning to become a PG since last season, but he is not yet ready.

Lin got his chance to play PG for the first time in the breakout game against the Nets last February, let alone starting as one for the Knicks, because Toney had proved not adequate for the previous two months and the Knicks were at 8-15. They tried Iman Shumput and he didn't cut it either. With Baron Davis still injured, and people were requesting the firing of D'Antoni, he decided to put Lin in and what's next was Linsanity.

The numbers you showed of Douglas look more like those for a SG than a good PG to me.

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I think the real test for the season will be the next ten games till 1/8, with six against last season's playoff teams. If the young Rockets manage to win 5 games, then the 12 games with 9 on the road, till the end of January, will actually be easier to win.

But these 12 games in January should decide if Rockets will make the playoffs this season.

15. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

He will. It comes with age. Notice what has been happening to Kobe, Durant, Ducan, Parker, Camelo, on top of Kidd. Rondo was not a good shooter before, but he has also made great progress.

Lin just need to continue to work at it.

16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

What surprised me even more was as I checked, most of these 11 PGs don't even make the top 10 FG% leader list of their respective teams.

17. Allegro

Allegro Member

Fair enough.

18. Allegro

Allegro Member

You must have me confused with someone else. This thread contains my first discussion of Lin's possible trade.