1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think Millsap himself is 27 now, but I think he's the kind of guy who because of his skillset, motor, and IQ is going to be a very good player into his 30s. To be honest if you get him from ages 28-31 on a 4 year deal you're probably getting the best years of his career.

And what that does is it makes the Rockets a playoff team NOW which is additional pressure-packed experience for the young guys, and then at the back end of Millsap's contract you're looking at the young players really meshing together and the whole team having improved a lot. At that point Harden's at his peak, maybe another guy on the squad has emerged as an all star, then you've got a prime Millsap to round out a Big Three... that could potentially be a title contender.

Would I rather have a true superstar like Kevin Love or Blake Griffin, sure. But are those guys available? Certainly not right now, and maybe not ever. So you have to start thinking about who is the best player in his 20s you can get. Millsap might be just that. Or Josh Smith. Or Ryan Anderson.

2. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Please stop. Ain't gonna happen. It's pointless to even bring this up.

3. Allegro

Allegro Member

That's my understanding.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, even if we did trade Lin at the bottom of his value (not going to happen), it would not be to the Lakers. I mean WTF do you think they have that we would want except for Dwight Howard, who is not available? And why would they even want Lin anyway when Nash is coming back? They're looking for a stopgap, not an $8M a year starter.

In any case I very much doubt Lin gets traded this season at all.

5. carayip

carayip Member

Lakers will make the playoffs and you know it. Our best hope is to battle out Jazz, Mavs and Warriors (despite their current awesome record).

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The Warriors will get better when Bogut returns. The reall challenge is the Jazz and the Mavs. Mavs with Dirk could be very good or stay ther same. The Jazz are not going to get any better so who knows.

7. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Douglas has always been a PG. He's a player who needs to handle it, needs the ball in his hands to find his rhythm. Playing off the ball he'll never find it.

He plays awful at SG. I've followed him his entire basketball career. He's a PG. Just because he can shoot doesn't mean he's not a PG.

Toney is a PG for a certain kind of system. The Phil Jackson triangle, for example, that featured John Paxson, Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, Brian Shaw and Derek Fisher at PG.

For more proof that Toney's a PG, just look at the Rockets' success during crunch time this season with Toney playing PG. The coach actually sat Lin during the 4th quarter of several games this season. Reason? The offense was performing well with Toney at PG during crunch time. The coach didn't want to break the flow. He's clutch. He's a PG.

Tonight:

17 points 3 rebounds 4 assists 1 turnover off the bench.
    6-11 from the field. 5-8 from three-point land.

"Mr. Second Half"

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

"_____ will get better when Bogut returns"

When have we heard that one before? :)

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The Rockets are 10-2 vs the East

10. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Get outta here with this crap.

You're a troll, aren't you?

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

OK, who hacked Spiegel's account? :confused:;)

12. itachen

itachen Member

I like your comparison, imagine if we landed Love as a Duncan/Garnett... Also, we'll only need a Popovich for coach and then we're all set :)

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Go away with your constant Lin to Lakers trade, we are not trading Lin for Gasol. They have Steve Nash, let them wait for him to return

14. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

His wife did.

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

The main trade being proposed by people here is the obvious Lin for Gasol trade. In my opinion that is a horrible trade.

16. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

He phoned Lin from a Buffalo Wild Wings in Florida. Lin and his parents stayed at the Embassy Suites waiting to hear from him.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I see LOFs are still around

1 person likes this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Said it before, I'll say it again... don't want Gasol at all unless we're getting him as a free rental.

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Yeah same here, I used to be ok with Gasol becoming a Rocket but his reaction when he was almost traded here just makes me want to say no. If I remember correctly he kept on saying he did not want to play in Houston

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member