1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to torocan again

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I'm convinced that you are DMorey.

3. Arthurprescott2

highlight of Rondo's airball was on /r/nba (nba subreddit) front page for about 3 days.

4. peter2012

peter2012 Member

How many air balls do we have in the last Toronto game? Why does nobody pinpoint that? Dont be LOH please.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I guess so too.

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Evan Turner has been playing so well lately, both with and without Jrue Holiday on the floor.

I like him as a player and I like that he has overcome so much adversity in his life, particularly when it came to health problems as a kid.

But tonight? He is the enemy. ;)

Look for Evan to take advantage of the size mismatch at PG by backing down Lin and Douglas in the high post and on the baseline.

The Rockets' help defense will have to be quick to recognize this, as Turner's midrange game and turnaround jumper on the lines is becoming deadly, and will be a primary source of the Sixers' points tonight if they have any hope of winning.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

What happened?

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=4683505

The universe straight up tried to murder this kid early before he even got a foothold. Yet here he is today, playing basketball at its highest levels.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Thanks for this. Wow I never knew any of this. You are definitely right LOL life definitely tried to really hold him down.

10. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

I do notice his shots have a really high arc compare to last year. Maybe a new shooting strategy to get the ball over taller defenders?

11. pnr

pnr Member

In a way I'm glad Jeremy is averaging very few points considering his FG% is so low right now. If he were chucking it away with the same FG%, the whole team's offense would be worse. At this point, the Rox are top 3 in Points scored and Lin doesn't really need to score for the Rox to win. Of course, Lin still HAS to improve his shooting/scoring but for right now it's not really a difference maker with so many other scoring options on the team. As long as he stays consistent with his defense and passing, he's doing a solid job.

12. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

This clown obviously has a loose screw somewhere in his brain, I sure hope Daryl Morey won't be be dumb enough to trade for him someday!

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We should beat them because the 6ers play in the Eastern Conference. I can't believe we are still criticizing Lin, remember for a few games he wasn't finishing games and for a few games, he was standing there because Harden became PG. Lin is not a robot, just let him try to find his place. And if we don't succeed with him at PG, we will find another one until then let him play at PG. Last time I checked, we were 12-12. I'm quite sure more than half of us thought we would be sitting in the basement looking up.

14. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to love torocon anymore than I already do, always so logical

15. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

Coming from a Chicago, waiting for Drose to show up. Having the opportunity to watch magic happen makes the Houston Rockets fun to watch.

*I will continue to lurk and read here. *throws popcorn into mouth*

16. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I really love this Rockets roster. It's got that raw energy of a great college team, but playing and competing at the NBA level.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I hope to see full line-up of each opponent and see how we measure about each team. We just need to play our best bball and if we still lose, so be it. No big deal. We're rebuilding and our players are learning.

Not wishing for an asterisk win, unless it's a team that I hate.

Ask me again closer to the end of the season when we're making a push for the playoffs :grin:

18. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Look for Evan to take advantage of the size mismatch at PG by backing down Lin and Douglas in the high post and on the baseline.

Great!

type of guy Jeremy guards best actually. 1s, 2s, and 3s who think they will back him down and overpower him. He struggles more with little quick guys.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Actually I'm not surprised by the Raptor loss. For whatever reason, we just cannot win there. The last time we did win there was in the 06-07 season. However, we've had the Knicks number for quite sometime. We've beat them 8 times in a row.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:eek:

:confused:

Notable!?!?!?

[having said that, you made some good points - but those guys are rather LOLworthy as 'notable' pgs]