1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 1/29/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

yeah, we really need a 5'4 two guard :D

2. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

Good win...

But questioning on the Rox banch...

40+ down to 20 at the end in 12min. Is this a joke?!

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I'm just saying that after watching a game that the Rockets basically dominated nearly start to finish, built a 40 point lead at one point, and shut the Sixers' offense down, the first words out of Van Gundy's mouth were, "That fourth quarter was unacceptable." I know you always want to look for ways to improve, but c'mon Jeff, crack a little smile or something.

4. stq

stq Member

actually, I think toward the end of the game, VSpan was playing PG while JLIII was playing SG

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the 4th quarter was bad and i really blame lucas for it, the total offensive flow completely stops when he is in the game with the ball I am not sure why he continuously keeps looking for his shot its just plain ugly. If you are going to give garbage time minutes to a backup PG I would say go with Vspan at this point who is naturally more of a play making pg.

There were so many times in the fourth when teammates were waiting on the perimeter and lucas drove/jacked it up instead of passing it to the open man.

very frustrating

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Well, the 2nd assist of Lucas was actually a pass out of desperation when he just crossed the half court and was trapped by double team. Credit should to go to Novak who came to rescue, took a dribble, and made a 3-pointer from the top of the arch.

The 2nd TO of VSpan was acutally a good pass to Hayes in the lane in the midst of the traffic. Hayes didn't anticipate the pass and blew it. The TO was registered under VSpan, though.

I also saw VSpan dished out to a wide open Lucas at the right corner just outside the 3-point line. Lucas missed, as usual, and VSpan got no assist.

The facts are pretty damning that Lucas is a cancer. Time to exorcise this midget from the team.

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

John Lucas III = a very, very poor man's Moochie Norris

8. Caboose

Caboose Member

V-Span's weak showing wasn't at the fault of JVG. He played SG... so what. Who'd he have guarding him? Kyle Korver? Williams? He gets Korver alone with him on the wing and he shoots a 3. The couple of times he played up top he just looked lost out there.

9. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Just to be the negative one, I will point out (I didn't watch it, just read about it and checked the box score) that Alston had 6 turnovers. Is that correct?

10. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

True, but a NBA point guard (or even a 1st grade YMCA kid) should never shoot 1/7. Is that REALLY what he shot? That's what ESPN is saying: 1 for-freakin'-7. Yeah, that's the guy I want as my backup point guard. Riiiight.

11. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

I'm not very impressed with vspan. I don't buy that his confidence was 'shattered by JVG', either. He didn't seem lacking in confidence when he whined to the media. man, he's just not good enough right now, he needs to work so that he can fit in the system. the rockets are not going to adjust to him, it has to be the other way around. suck it up billy

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]
    Lucas is what the Magic need, Diener is what the Rockets need.

CD gotta get that trade done already!

13. richter911

richter911 Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2bJYWiKeBZs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2bJYWiKeBZs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

OOOMMMMGGGGGGG JAZZ JUST LOST TO THE NETS!!! At the buzzer... OMG.... jazz suck.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

are u serious!? i switched cuz the jazz were in control!

16. Caboose

Caboose Member

Amen...

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

If TMac stays in the groove, Bonzi keeps improving, and Ming comes back with vengence, this is going to be one scary team in the play-offs. The role players are on a roll, a great feel for the game, the best they have looked. I am starting to see something special, not because of this blow out, but the team is exhibiting some mad chemistry. This is the best ball movement I have seen in several seasons. The Big Red Machine is starting to roll down hill.

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

vince carter hit a long range 3 with 1 second left..... HAHAHAHAHHHAHA.. it was just like that other game the crappy jazz lost at the buzzer to some other spare team. hahahaha

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

directly followed by "and that's why i never want to hear somebody tell me they want to play more."

jvg was dishing a big STFU to vspan.

20. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

Jazz lost! woohoo! and so did denver...to charlotte! what a great day. happy time!