1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 3/29/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2015.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't get the whole no whistle in the playoff thing.

Im not sure if that's even statistically accurate but I am sure Dwayne Wade won a ring off of parading to the line and most of those were total bull****.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

More:

Amin: Midseason additions they made came in handy. Brewer, Smith(up and down but given injuries has been invaluable) and recent addition of Prigioni. Give credit to the Rockets defense and obviously James Harden.

Windhorst: James is my MVP but it'll be a waste of vote as Curry will win (Amin: as he should). He's worked harder on defense. He does play a ??? game offensively where he dupes you into fouls but he is a master at it. We talk about the Thunder injuries, the Rockets have been just as banged up. They have the MVP. I don't see them as a team that can win the West, especially how banged up they are but admire what Harden has done. I give him the highest compliment by voting him for MVP.

Stein: This is a huge opportunity for Harden or Curry. It might be their only chance. I'm leaning towards Curry. Far bigger deal is the fact Golden State, for weeks, we talked about a horrible reward it would be for GS to play OKC. GS is not only the best team but the healthiest.

Amin: MVPs, I wanted to say the MVP of the league is health. The team that wins the entire thing will be the healthiest team. (Cavs and Warriors)

Windhorst: Guess who else is healthy?

Amin: SA.

Windhorst: ...As we sit here today, Warriors/Spurs in Conference Finals. Could be a potentially epic series. Those are the 2 healthiest teams in the West.

Amin: Conceded that Houston will hold on to the 2 seed?

Windhorst: SA/GS Conference Finals

Stein: Memphis could right themselves. They're not finished. It's not like the season is lost. They really had a fair bit of momentum, the Green trade looked like a good move and final piece addition but they're....none of their top players are trending upwards since the all-star break. Something is missing there.

Windhorst: I agree but just played the hardest week of their schedule. They do have to play better.

Amin: SA is only 3 games back of a 3 seed.

Stein: Gotta go with Windhorst. Final four in the NBA, it's Hawks, Cavs, Warriors, Spurs.

Windhorst: 4 straight home games for Memphis. Houston will be on the road for 4 of their next 5. Memphis will be back in the 2 seed.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LMA went to line a bunch of times during last year's series and he was 20 feet from the basket.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Some fans are simply smart enough to understand that with so many injuries, it's understandable that we need Harden to carry us and when he sits, we absolutely blow chunks. However, we also see that Dwight back and hopefully finally healthy, that PnR between him and Smith, Jones, and D-Mo will be able to help us pick up the slack when Harden rests. We can see that with a REAL big man under center, we can actually fight for rebounds and anchor our D to prevent teams from gaining momentum. Most importantly, we also understand the reality that our team is NOT going to win most games with the players I listed and you dismissed. You might not care, but I do care and fans that whine and b**** disgust me.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Safest picks I ever heard in my life. It NEVER works out that way. I will drop $25 in the tip jar if those four teams are in the conference finals.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Hawks get exposed Villanova style.

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It's a myth. There are more fouls and FT's in the playoffs. Even Harden shot 11 free throws/game in the OKC series in 12-13.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man i love how people write us out early; i really hope this drives our guys...

in all honesty, it's on james to motivate himself and teammates to get to the promised land

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Interesting stat: the Texas Triangle contain the only 3 teams to have 6 50 or more win seasons in the last 11 years

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Interesting trivia stat: if the Rockets beat Toronto tomorrow, they will be the only team in the NBA to go undefeated against any division this season.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Damn Toronto games, not sure it's in the cards with our short rotations.

15. i3artow i3aller

Way to win one for the Gipper :cool:
    [​IMG]