1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 2/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Washington is 12-9 in their last 21 games... and 9-2 in their last 11 home games.

Included in those 21 games are wins vs. OKC, Atl, @Den, @Port, Chi, LAC, NYK, Brooklyn, @Mil and Den earlier tonight.

They're definitely playing well right now.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yet we are still the better team

3. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Still proves that theyre a team that we should not take lightly.

4. SDRocket

SDRocket New Member

I give them props on the Denver win.. But the LAC was obviously not a 'real' win since Paul and Griffin were not playing that game. Rockets will come out with the W

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The big question is what happens to the PF matchup: Nene is an excellent post scorer and a huge strong guy that you cannot guard with Delfino, Parsons or rookie Motiejunas. So, do you guard him with a center or stick with putting a smaller guy in him but send help? If the former, can Delfino handle guarding Okafor?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The positive thing is both Okafor and Nene are not known scorers.... that being said you probably see Greg Smith being down low

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We can't go small tonight. Nene will abuse our front court. Ironically, this is the type of game where you need a chuck Hayes. I'd settle for a Thomas Robinson. I know McHale said he probably wouldn't play, but will he at least be available? We're gonna see a lot of Asik and Greg Smith tonight. I hope smith's up to it.

I'm gonna be at the game and would not be able to bare it if the wiz upset us. That would be more than I could handle. I sincerely hope that McHale realizes small ball is not the right strategy tonight.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I expect the Rockets to take this game lightly and run out of gas early! Harden played 42 minutes, Parsons 39, Delfino 36, Lin 36 and with a short rotation, Harden will probably need to have a monster game to pull this out.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Nene is an excellent scorer, especially when healthy.

10. ROCKETrobert

ROCKETrobert Member

Why are we so worried about the Wizz? We play small. Let them adjust to our play. I am not sure that the Wizzards can keep up. We will run them into the ground. Our team is on a good run. Lets not change things until we have to make a change....

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Win. We are not consistent enough and Washington is firing. Gonna be tight. But we are gonna be too good with our small-ball.

Don't underestimate small-ball. We are now a better team now Patterson and Morris are both gone. I still love Patterson though

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Maybe I'm a little paranoid from watching one of the best defensive 7 footers in the league get dominated by another big last night. If the Nets had a power forward worth a damn and went inside more, it might have been a different outcome. They lost because they settled for jump shots instead of continuing to go inside with Lopez.

Asik will have to cover Nene tonight and a combo of Smith and DMo will have to take Okafor.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

We'll run the Wizards out of America if we play small-ball. We can out-run them all day long.

14. Durant

Durant Member

maybe 5 vs 8 again

15. Wizardsonlyfan

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Motiejunas on Okafor, Asik on Nene? It's not ideal, but Okafor is not nearly as skilled as Nene is on offense.

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

they beat denver while we ALWAYS struggle against the nuggets. We might lose this on

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

wizards wont play small they will just abuse us in the paint until Mchale puts in Dmo or jones

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wizards are gelling now. Gonna be a hard one.

20. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I have a feeeling that instead of matching up with them on the defensive end, we're going to continue to try and out-shoot them like we have against OKC and the Nets.