1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 2/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Its not like mchale didnt know Lin wasnt 100% or Lin was trying to hide he was sick. You just hope 50% lin is better than no lin and he wasnt playing that bad in the first half.

But if you want to say the loss in on him for trying to play you only prove you're a LOH.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

McHale needs to learn how to sit players at the right timing. Your statements above already gave the reasons.

3. VanityHalfBlack

We were short-handed and Wall/Beal is a force to be reckon with. It's going to be okay we'll bounce back.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Delfino,Lin, and Harden were 8/26 from beyond the arc...if you looked at it just one more made shot by one of them would have put the game away. All three were dismal from beyond the arch last night...sad to see games like this and the Kings game. This could have been a big blowout game but well....:eek:

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Totally agreed. And if you take a look at the picture of Delfino lying on the floor with both hands up and open after another blocking call, he was like saying "Hell, what can I do?"

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Agreed.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You know...Delfino was probably acting as McHail....why did I ask 6-6 guy to defend a 6-10 guy....:grin:

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Read your post and my reply again to find out what I wanted to say. You jumped the gun.

9. steady

steady Member

The Rockets are one of the youngest teams in the league; have only been playing together less than a season; are in the process of dealing with the trade of 3 rotation players; have serious cap room. I kind of think they are more likely to rise than fall. Sometimes commentators are just plain silly.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

A lot is going to be who the next max player is....this player can gel with the team or causelocker room headache and derail this team. A big piece of the puzzle is how Harden will deal/share the team with another max player. To properly play a Howard/Bynum guy Harden will need to sacrifice some of his touches. Right now it's Harden's team, but things could be interesting......:grin:

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I'm surprised you can call it a decent game o_O even some hardcore Lin fans were upset at him until they found out he was sick.

12. CCM721

CCM721 Member

You realize Harden was willing to come off the bench for 3 years, despite knowing his own talent level right? If there is one thing Harden is, it's unselfish.

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Read what I have to say carefully..."decent game with the exception of scoring. .". 6 assists, 2 TOs, and 3 steals are decent stats without the scoring piece of it...and that's in 26 minutes of play time! So yeah he had a decent game with the exception of scoring. If anything, the atrocious 57% charity number was a big blow to the game.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You can't even look at stats, like 4 of the asts were just swinging the ball around the perimeter for a 3pter. He looked like he didn't even want to be out there playing. -11 +/-

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You also realized that's one of the primary reasons he wanted to come to Houston...cause he was tired of playing third fidle when he know he had talent? Now he's calling this team his team...first options, bla....blab...I know he's unselfish but it's something to think about....look at NYC when Lin showed up or Kobe/Howard now, or Miami last year...it's a process and whether it works only time will tell.

16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Right on!

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You know what an assist is dude? It's nothing more than swinging the ball and someone making a basketball...what about points? Or yeah just tossing the ball through a hoop? What's your point....that +/- doesn't mean jack when your team has a big L. Minus the crucial L...even though the +/- dictates that Delfino, Harden, and Lin did bad that actually had decent stats...minus the bad shootings from the arc.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

When Lin is actually playing well those asts would come by creating for others by being aggressive.

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Give credit to Washton this game. But we lost to REF this game though they tried hard last game and failed. At least three or four calls were in favor of the home team. Carlo's blocking foul, Parson's 3 pointer shootting offensive foul.... I dont get it, how can they be that bad? :mad:

20. buffalobills!!!

I blame this loss on the guy that said we would crush Washington because Harden and Lin had off nights against the Nets.