1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 2/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Dementium

Dementium Member

I don't get it. Some of you guys act as though no star player ever goes through rough nights.

Harden isn't exactly a normal case (i.e. on off nights he still gets his). I think only Durant and Lebron are like that. Heck Melo and CP3 has plenty of off nights too.

We were on second night of back to back against a Washington team that just blew Denver out of the water the night before, with our starting PG and SF sick. And it still went down to last possession. I say kudos to the team!

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the bowel

3. novaman

novaman Member

Yeah that Utah game where Harden was sick he didn't even come out of the locker room for the 2nd half

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Some stats today....

Assists

Jlin - 6
    Harden - 6
    Delfino - 3
    Chandler - 3
    Beverley -3

Steals

Jlin - 3
    Harden 3
    Asik 1

5. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

6. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Lin was sick today? if so, then he gets a pass from me. I was wondering why he was playing so ****ty

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I don't think we can use the fact that he was sick as an excuse for his play. If its true that he told Mchale that he was ready to play, then it's on him. If he was sick then he should have just sat the game out instead of trying to hurt the team by playing bad if he didn't even feel well (according to a poster here he looked like he was going to barf at the half). Everyone has rough nights, these players are young. It'll happen. Move on, on to the next game

8. Roxs

Roxs Member

Hmm, was Beverly supposed to play 48 mins??

Oh I guess TD, 2Pat, Morris, or Cole could've played today. Oh wait, they couldn't cuz they got traded!

Apparently you and I differ on this, but I give Lin props for playing sick WHEN THE TEAM WAS SHORT HANDED.

9. Roxs

Roxs Member

GameScores:

Chandler Parsons, SF: 21
    James Harden, SG: 19.9
    Patrick Beverley, PG: 12.4
    Donatas Motiejunas, PF: 11.6
    Jeremy Lin, PG: 4.2
    Carlos Delfino, SF: 4
    Omer Asik, C: 2.9
    James Anderson, SG: 1.6
    Greg Smith, PF: -1.4

Trevor Ariza, SF: 19.6
    Bradley Beal, SG: 19.3
    John Wall, PG: 13.4
    Emeka Okafor, C: 12.5
    Trevor Booker, PF: 8.5
    Martell Webster, SF: 7.5
    Nenê, C: 5.6
    A.J. Price, PG: 3.3
    Chris Singleton, SF: 2.9
    Garrett Temple, SG: 0

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Yeah I know we didn't have any options, but it's not like we can excuse it just because he was sick. Players have bad games every once in a while, it's natural.

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

There were a couple games earlier in the season where Asik didn't play very well. Worrell and Bullard said it was because he was ill. Yeah, Asik did the same thing too.

12. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Someone on another site mentioned that he was sitting behind the Rockets bench and said Lin was a "shivering, sweaty mess". Lin had the shivers and sweating due to the flu.

Then after the game....

Lin meets with Taiwanese Ambassador
    Guard Jeremy Lin took part in a postgame meet-and-greet session with Ambassador King Pu-tsung, Taiwan’s new diplomat to the United States, and a group of dignitaries from the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office.

13. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Some McChickens and Jack in the Box tacos should do the trick

14. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

That boy needs to eat some real food!

15. Roxs

Roxs Member

You know, Lin probably should not have played as much as he did. At the same time, Beverly isn't quite ready for 32+ mins. Tough situation to say the least.

Most teams have 3 PGs. Roxs could've used a third one tonight.

Very fortunate for the team to have 3 days off.

16. conquistador#11

definitely. one thing about the flu, it tends to carry on to others.
    (insert drexler's "ya think" here.):p

17. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Ack. I am so pissed off about tonight's game.

This is the most angry at Lin I've ever been (and I am a big fan). Selfishly, I am glad he was sick because his uninspired play today really ticked me off and he fell a few levels for me. I perceived it as overly cocky, but it was just the influenza.

Once Donatas gets more time and experience, he is going to be an awesome fit for the Rockets. A center that spreads the floor, shoot the three, effective in the post, and I loved the two times he drove to the hoop from outside the arc. He also may not be the most talented rebounder, but he's showing that he goes after it. And he knows how to hit tough-angled layups (paying attention Asik?).

What a waste. Parsons played out of his mind today. He was two steps ahead of the Wizards tonight.

18. coffeelover665

it had to happen on the stretch of games where we lose our 3rd point guard

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Regardless mark this down as another game we should've won and one that will probably bite us in the butt.. Can't play the playoffs losing to teams like this.

20. andersongo

andersongo Member

More like a huge hangover. ;)