1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/8/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2019.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

We put ourselves in an unnecessary hole by allowing Klay to get his groove on and energize his team and their crowd early. Then KD going out finally freed up Steph so he can go off. We gotta KILL the Splash Bros next game. Make Green, Iggy, and the others do the scoring.

2. Mr. Space City

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Tried my best to jinx the Warriors but it didn't ****ing work. I am done with the anti jinx now...**** the Warriors, ROCKETS IN 7

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Clint's got to step up in game 6

mikol13 likes this.
  5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely agree Jay.....makes you sick to your gut to watch it. CC guarding out at the 3 pt. line is laughable. He's on skates and is not having much of an impact...get your ass in the paint and move toward the basket when a shot goes up, not backing away from the basket. CC doesn't like to do grunt work like PJ. I'd take 1/2, shoot make that 1/3 of PJ's "want to" on rebounding. I think I understand better why the Rockets slowed played him on his contract.

6. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Confusing why clutchfans jumps on harden as much as they do and completely forgets about CP? I see poster's say did you see the way CP set others up or made big shots when he has a total of 14-15 points in many games prior to this. The issue now is that he isn't setting anyone up now either. He actually looked much better at the tail end of the regular season than the dud he has been laying since these playoffs started. No one holds back from a hamstring when they know this is their last potential shot at a ring, it's decline but this is moreso confidence. His 3pt shot has gone into the trash and to be a competent player for the rockets you need to be at least reasonable.....for 40 milion.

Chris Paul is the reason we lost this series

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Time for Cliff.

chadyang and WarEagleRockets like this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

When will Christ Paul show us a good game?

9. amaru

amaru Member

Yep the Warriors were guarding Harden close as hell and daring anybody else to beat them.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Anyone noticed Harden was laughing with 4s left?

What did he laugh at? He looks like does not care this game.

11. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

ironically (tragically), CP3 may end up being the reason we lost last year and this year. I'd give up my left nut to see the return of 'shimmy-shake back in yo face' chris paul.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sorry I still do not get why Harden only had 1 shot in last 8 mins...

What Harden was doing?

What has happened to him?

ak99999 likes this.
  13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

He goes 5-14 we win this game, smh. We're at a razors edge margin for error vs a team like this, and he sh*t the bed. Tough pill to swallow... Oh well, onto game 7. And yes, I meant game 7 back at Oracle. Not even sure I'll waste my time with the "game 6 feel good party" since KD won't make the trip...

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Backseat driver, weird this has never happened before...

WarEagleRockets likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Someone should've called Kerr out on his little Liverpool speech since:
    A) they are supposed to be Barcelona, the widely recognised better team
    B) Liverpool came back from a huge deficit
    C) I thought they were volley ball players and we had the huge linebackers / giants ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Take care of business in Houston and let the dust settle where it may in G7. I told my wife as soon as KD went back to locker that if he’s out, Rockets will lose. It’s an entire scheme adjustment and we just weren’t ready for it. Rivers was also having a sneaky bad game, CP & Clint just straight up awful, and I don’t expect that in G6.

I’ve said this a couple times now, but we really need to consider going no Clint at tip. He should mirror Looney, and that’s it. He’s unplayable otherwise unless Green gets out of his damn head.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That one hurt. Seemed like GS was doing everything to gift the game to us and we couldn’t seize the opportunity. CP is breaking my heart. James just ran out of gas in the 4th. MDA being the grumpy old man who is too stubborn to give House another chance instead allowing Capela to be sacrificed on the perimeter.

That one hurt.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't feel good about Game 6 at all. AT ALL.

Now we're facing the original Warriors team that won 73 games.

MiddleMan and waytookrzy079 like this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

He had the worst +/- early in the game. His +/- was helped by Durant's loss more than anyone since their death lineup is gone.

He should've had a double digit +/- if he could finish near the basket.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member