1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/27/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 26, 2015.

1. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

well i'm a pessimist. even if we do beat the warriors by taking game seven that gives the cavs so much time to rest we'll prob lose first few games and eventually lose to cavs in 6 or 7 by having one or two off nights.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well, since they expended no energy in Game 3, I think they'll be fine tomorrow night.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ugh, I have to be at work till at least midnight tomorrow. Looks like I will be watching from my desk...

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Or the Cavs will have too much rest with 8 or 9 days (?) and the Rockets would have just enough with four days off. Getting way too far ahead though.

5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea, there was one day between the Clippers close out game and the start of the WCF.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Lol whut? Dude... WCF IS the true NBA Finals. Get outta here with your fear of the Cavs. Let's win game 5 before you start hiding under your covers about the Cavs.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Hindsight is 20/20 and I totally agree with Morey's decision, but man imagine if we pulled the trade for Dragic.

Rather have Dmo, but man if we had Dragic we would win the title this year (Still could)

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Brewer we need some of this magic tomorrow buddy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vC1srGqOrK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If Josh Smith/Brewer/Jones steps in up rest of this series, we have a legitimate chance at doing the improbable.

Heck if Josh Smith even played average, we would be up 3-1 right now.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I just looked at the stats for last night's game. Surprising stat: we actually shot FTs at a higher percentage than the Warriors and we hit 58%. :eek:

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? If the Rockets recover from an 0-3 deficit against this Warriors team, they'll be so confident going into the Finals that the Cavs will be lucky to win a single game. We'd be looking at arguably one of the biggest upsets and certainly the greatest comeback in NBA history.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If we beat the Warriors somehow, I would be shocked if we don't win the title.

GSW is one of the top teams in history. Cavs are a great team, and LBJ is one of the best players ever. But as a team they aren't better than the Warriors.

14. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Just have to win one game.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We have yet to play 4 straight quarters of true rockets basketball. Games 1 and 2 were streaky. 3 was atrocious. 4 was streaky once curry left and was never the same. I think tomorrow we will finally see what the Rockets are capable of.

I'm talking about Terry 3s, Brewer fast breaks, Ariza and Prigs steals leading to dunks, Smith-Howard alley-oops, true Playoff Dwight and finally, the beard will cook up the entire oracle arena. I've never been so pumped for a game.

Go Rockets!!!

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dang didn't realize he scored all but 1 fg in the paint.

17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lol @ Warriors fans already talking about Warriors vs. Cavs.

18. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I want us to win SO FREAKING BAD.

Everyone's already talking about Warriors vs Cavs

I want to spoil it. I want to win this series. I want to witness the Clutch City 2.0, since I never witnessed the original.

1 person likes this.
  19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

ESPN and TNT already previewing GS v. Cle. Apparently the WCF is already over.

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Last game the Warriors finally came down to earth. Took all season but it finally happened. Rockets in 7