1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

My keys to the series:

Win the turnover battle

Gordon outscores Klay

Game one nope and nope and lost
    Game two yep and yep and won

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. jumpman82

jumpman82 Member

Think we can steal this one tonight if we see a repeat of game 2 with the ball movement and EG and the Tuck Wagon going off. Putting my mouth where my money is too. Hopefully $290 richer when I wake up Monday morning. :D

#123 jumpman82, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm undecided lucky get to packed some times. I liked it better when the did it in midtown. I forgot the name of the bar
    Good luck brother. Sending the positive vibes

jumpman82 likes this.
  5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The beauty about this is that it’s harder for the Dubs to force the Rockets to play their style than the other way around.

And given that our shots fall as normal, we probably need to neutralize their dynamic offense into iso games about 60% of the game in order to take control.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Last time we played at Oracle contrary to popular belief Gordon had 24 points, Tucker had 20 points and Moute had 14 points off our bench. Media needs to check their facts... acting like our role players cannot perform at a high level consistently. Like Dantoni said... did you watch us play 82 games?

Tfor3, Chanmarr, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Bahamas Five"

Tfor3, Vivi and waytookrzy079 like this.
  8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This game has me nervous. Really want to steal this one.

Tfor3, rocketman84 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm expecting the Rockets to get blown out this game. Anything else will be a pleasant surprise. The fact is we have to win in GS (obviously) if we have any shot of winning this series.

I felt like, coming in, that this series outcome was as predictable as could be. I made a personal prediction (not here but on Yahoo) that the Rockets would lose game 1, win game 2, and then lose the next three games. I hope I am wrong but it felt and seemed a completely obvious result to me. The Rockets need to change that obvious narrative result into something else to show they are actually up for beating the Warriors. Otherwise, this will just be another "Rockets showed up one home game with fluke-like performances from role players" type of series.

Don't get me wrong. Aside from my gloomy prediction, I really want the Rockets to prove me wrong. More importantly, they need to prove it to themselves that they can take this series. They are in their "Rocky IV" moment and Golden State is their Drago. It's still early but the Rockets cut Drago to prove he's not a machine. Now, can they continue to lay it on or is Drago going to regroup? We need the former in a big way.

10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Bahamas 5 vs Tampons 5

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I'd love to see a Gerald Green 20pt game today.

Houstunna, Chanmarr and DonKnock like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wtf :D this league has become more predicktable than WWE

Houston @ Golden State Marc Davis (#8) Sean Corbin (#33) Jason Phillips (#23) Bill Spooner (#22)

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This series feels a lot like the one against the Seattle Sonics in 1997. Hopefully, this game plays out like Game 3 of that series. Need someone to have a Maloney game.

[​IMG]

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rockets have lost every game off big rest so far in the playoffs. Game 3 vs the Wolves, game 2 vs. the Jazz, game 1 vs. the Warriors have all been off 3-5 days of rest. Warriors have won every game of theirs off big rest..

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Who schedules a dance recital on game day? This is where my dream Rockets jersey suit would come in handy.

I want one made out of those ugly pinstripe unis. Calvin Murphy level.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Little nervous y’all

Good spirits tho

17. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Golden State is going to come out focused and look to put us away early. We have to match their intensity and withstand the run they’re going to make.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What about Game 1 vs Minnesota and Game 1 vs Utah? Those were after a long layoff and the Rockets won both.

Houstunna, Scarface281, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Just found out they finally update this. Please everyone watch the video. I know we all disagree sometimes and ish gets rough but we all love this team.
    This team means a lot to me and seeing us win this ultimate prize would be a dream come true. I’m nervous as hell but I’m also ready, let’s go! Run as one!