1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He's been more efficienct this postseason, against you know good teams every night, then he was during the regular season.

But seeing your posting pattern in this thread leads me to believe you are just trolling, so I think you know he's been fine and you are just being an ass.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Perhaps irrational, but I feel a lot better (confident) going into this series than the last one. The Rockets "got into groove" in the fourth of game six and they are still in that groove. Harden has had a couple of really good games, but he has not had a Harden MVP like game. He is due. Playoff Dwight Howard will be a challenge for their bigs. And Brewer and Smith just recently caught fire. The Grandpa's are balling, and is Ariza heating up for a shooting streak? I like our chances. Gritty, physical defense is the key. Watch out for Curry 3-bombs and Green who is a bully.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Josh Smith definitely has the speed and athleticism on defense to cover ground. But when Draymond Green is in, Josh won't be able to leave him because of the 3 point threat. I think in this case he should stay home. And like you said, Let Barnes have it all. Nice Repped:cool:

We might have to many good players up front for them to handle. Remember, Mo Speights is coming off of a injury. He was the guy that torched us in the season not scoring but offensive rebounding. The warriors do have lee,Speights,Green and bogut. But we just spent a 7 games playing against Deandre "the freakish athletic" Jordan and prevailed, even dominated him at times :grin:. No of those guys on that list will have the impact defensively that Deandre had. David Lee just might get the "Dirk" treatment on defense. That Smoove/Dwight PF/C pick and roll is pretty unstoppable. It should work well in this series.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why do we need Beverley when that old guy can have four steals in one game?

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The rockets have no pressure, and Warriors have a huge pressure. If Howard can control inside, the rockets could win the series.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You know, you have some points to consider.

On the other hand, what would be really nice is if you could go **** yourself off so hard (with your Harden hate as the visual) that you have no energy in your wrists to type another word- nay, another syllable- in this thread. We'd really like that.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Me too. The Warriors, although we were swept in the RS by them, does not make me fear as much as the Spurs or the Clippers. Maybe I am a fool, but they don't scare me, the way they are playing and a rookie coach.
    I am so tired of Bogut pretending he is guarding the paint. Let us expose that fraud!

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Klay played him pretty good in the RS, but Harden cannot let that happen in this series.

9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

it's gonna be a battle of benches, the starters will do its job, it all comes down which team is better, i believe we should give them a good fight, not favored or anything, we just need to play our butts off, i will be proud of them;)

10. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

People keep bringing up Harden, but the key to this series is Dwight. He is our only match-up advantage. Him continuing to dominate the paint is something we can hopefully exploit enough to win the series.

11. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Hey I am the one who said "Tonight Rocket will make History" before Game 6. Just go back to Game 6 thread page 8. Did you?

12. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Harden been **** this post season.

13. hoopball

hoopball Member

some nights he did, some nights he didn't. BTW, Harden torched Klay last season whenever they went head-to-head and even in this season, Harden had at least 2 good games against him, so I'm not too worried about that. If you look at the stats, Harden's worst enemy is the Clippers, not the Warriors. In fact, Harden went on record saying "But they're (Warriors) not even that good". You can say whatever you want about it, but if Harden can overcome the Clippers, Warriors should not be the problem.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I know its not happening, but would love to see Nick Johnson get a few minutes and show us what he can provide on defense...heck, KJ McDaniels on D if he's healthy. Seriously, If i'm McHale I do a little experimenting if the Rockets get up say 5-10 points, stick in Nick and tell him to defend the F out of Curry and only take wide open shots if the ball happens to fall in his lap.

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

agreed but that is actually encouraging! I mean, can you imagine if the real Harden shows up in this series???? We made it this far with Harden being a primary facilitator but not a dominator.

I want to see Dominatrix Harden whip these pu**y bit**es back to submission.

16. Mprice

Mprice Member

Do us all a favor and please stop posting you troll.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

This post season.
    FGM-FGA 7.3-17.0
    FG% .426
    3P% .367
    FTM-FTA 9.8-10.4
    FT% .936
    RPG 4.8
    APG 8.0
    BLKPG 0.3
    STLPG 1.3
    TOPG 4.5
    PPG 26.7

Yes. He's clearly been playing like ****...:rolleyes:

18. hoopball

hoopball Member

James Harden : 3rd in scoring, 3rd in assist, and 6th in PER in the playoffs (excluding Charlie Villanueva who only played 8 minutes per game.) That guy has been ****? give me a ****ing break. you can say he was not at his best or MVP level, but he is playing good or decent to say the least, especially considering he had a flu virus that affected his play negatively in the past three games.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden and Dwight have nobody to stop them. Harden needs to be aggressive and Dwight should get a few more touches

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think it might be better to start Prigioni and have Terry be the 3pt spark off the bench.

Ariza
    Smith
    Howard
    Harden
    Prigioni