1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just win!!!!!!

2. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Just think of it this way yall......WE ARE 8 WINS AWAY FROM A NBA CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!! Go Rockets!

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Our team's confidence has to be sky high. We need to play like we did in game 5 and 7 to win. That means own the boards and prevent second chances. I think we should continue starting JSmoove, which would make our starting frontcourt as talented as, if not better, than theirs. The Terry/Curry matchup is terrifying, though. And we can't put Terry on anyone else, unfortunately. That's going to be a huge handicap.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I bet Harden comes out with a fire in his belly tomorrow night. This is a chance for him to show the entire nation that he is the MVP of this league.

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

don't know why we are playing before the east finals when they have been resting lol

anyways hope we split the first 2 games like memphis

6. rocketsmetalspd

It is called Lebron James in the ECF. Rockets will be ready! Take each one game at a time.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Guys Guys Guys.. Warrior Fans think Bogut is better than Dwight Howard.

[​IMG]

lol i just can't wait until they see how different this team is.

8. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Rockets vs Warriors in WCF as I predicted...LET'S GO! Let's see who the better team is.

9. DenisM

DenisM Member

I think that in this series the alley oops between Smoove and Howard will work again. Clippers were denying them because of the athleticism of Griffin and especially Jordan. That will help us a lot. I think that we go as far as Dwight takes us.

10. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

You are probably talking about trolls...because Howard is way better than Bogut.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Agreed. Game 1 is by far the easiest to steal. The Warriors are used to playing the Grizzlies who have a completely different style from the Rockets. The Rockets on the other hand are absolutely used to going up against great offensive teams after dealing with the Mavs and Clippers. Plus the Rockets are on a roll and have to be confident after coming back from 3-1(not that Golden State coming back from 2-1 is anything to scoff at).

No way McHale doesn't start Josh Smith the rest of the playoffs. The team is 3-0 since that move and looking way better on both ends of the floor. Here's hoping the Rockets shock the world tomorrow night. I still think the Warriors take this in 5, but I hope they prove me wrong like they did in Game 6 against the Clippers.

1 person likes this.
  12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

This is not nearly as big of a deal as what the Rockets accomplished. Teams recover from 2-1 all the time....it's quite the norm.

I asked you this in another thread but for a level-headed poster, how can you have so little confidence in the Rockets considering what they just achieved? And I would think you of all fans would understand that this Rockets team is a very different team now....night and day compared to the regular season matchups.

13. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I think this is a reunion of the starting lineup of 2 of the Golden State losses during the season!!

14. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Howard > Curry Rockets win.

15. daledondale

daledondale Member

I love to be underdogs, still being underrated for the press. Right now, we're the hungriest team of the 4 left. And trust me, hungry in this sport is a very underrated attribute.

1 person likes this.
  16. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I know Fogut aint no Deandre Jordan

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden collects his MVP trophy after the series. Rockets in 6. Let's Go!!!!!

18. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

Rockets in 6. Kick out the jams m*********s!

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden total plus-minus in four games against the Warriors this season is -54.</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600372559775830016">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden was asked if there's anything extra going up against the MVP, and he told reporters no.</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600376706541572096">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden on the Warriors: &quot;We haven't played that team in a couple months now...It's a new series.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600377671961317377">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden on playing the Warriors at Oracle: &quot;It's the playoffs. Anything can happen.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600377983841402880">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin McHale: &quot;We've got to try to pound them in the paint. We've got to try to beat them on the boards.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600378728716247040">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin McHale on the Warriors: &quot;Look, they have weaknesses just like every team.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600379303071612928">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Smith: &quot;Our plan is to try to go out there and steal one, but that's easier said than done. They have a terrific fan base out there.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/600382972450082816">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bogut says his priority in pick and roll coverage is to help on Harden, get help to recover.</p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/600383077953708032">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

#59 J.R., May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Warriors-Rockets will feature the largest gap in regular-season point differential in a conference finals since 1996. <a href="http://t.co/IVmzfUYZ7N">pic.twitter.com/IVmzfUYZ7N</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) <a href="https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/600337615997554689">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>