1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

same line(10.5) for game 2 :grin:

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

For real, without Josh we're in offseason mode after game 6. I don't ****ing get it, oh wait I do... Most people probably didn't watch Game 6.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Good game, the late turnovers obviously killed the team, but they showed heart coming back at the end... Just too little time...

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm sure it's been said, but I feel like the Rockets took a very good shot from GS (their best, I don't know) and only lost by 4. Game 2 will say tons about this team.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah I definitely feel good about the team, hopefully we get some good news on Dwight, and for all the people blaming Josh, I question how much bball you watch, **** happens and it was an accident. We'd be watching the Clippers if Josh didn't save our season. The Rockets are the closest they've been in years and yet "fans" still find a way to b****. I can't wait for Game 2, go Rockets!

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The feeling I'm having won't go away... I still see rockets winning in 5-6 games.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great game but unfortunately we came up short. We had a golden opportunity to steal this game. If we would have taken better care of the ball and didn't allow GS to go on those two large runs. We win this game with ease. GS small ball killed us, so hopefully Mchale will make the right adjustments in game 2.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Derrick Rose son was with him after Lebron put a dagger in chicagos hearts.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I feel like we should have won this game. I was disappointed at how the Rockets gave up the lead in the 2nd period. I was proud of how they hung in there and made it a game. But, we let the game get away in the 2nd imo. Also, the refs missed some key calls late in the game but I'm sure all we will hear about from the NBA is how Curry was fouled on his made 3 at the end of the game. We won't hear about how Ariza was demolished on an illegal screen and we won't hear about how the refs blew a key call when the ball went off Thompson out of bounds but was not reviewed during a break and possession given to the Warriors no questions asked. I thought the refs decided this game late. It felt rigged.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This. It felt like last series when Austin rivers won the clippers game 3 and 4. We have to stop their role players. Brewer can match up with him well. It bothered me seeing Livingston get rebounds over Terrence jones though. Smh

11. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Nah that was a huge missed opportunity. Golden state didn't really play all that well (Bogut was a non factor and Klay was off). Harden and Ariza were in God mode, won't get that too often. We needed to steal that game to have a good shot at winning the series, especially with Howard getting injured. Advancing is still very much possible but just got a lot harder.

Really frustrating to see the refs influence the game so much. Yes we lost focus towards the end but when the game is that close, the refs leave no room for mistakes when calls are constantly going the other way.

12. ibm

ibm Member

re-watched the 4th quarter.

didnt we have one last timeout left for the last play? it was a broken play, and why didnt we call a t/o to regroup? we likely would still lose, but that seemed to be the right thing to do.

13. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Was probably trying to save it in case we happened to hit a 3 with 4-5 seconds to go, foul, and then advance to half court. Otherwise, would be really tough to come down with 3-4 seconds left and hit a shot without advancing

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It wouldn't have mattered. Once that ball was tipped to halfcourt, we were out of time since we needed 2 scores. Harden's 3 had it gone in would've given us a miniscule chance since we still did have one more timeout, but we needed a quick score.

The game was lost earlier in the 4th with that bad 3-minute stretch after it had been tied at 97.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We still needed a to after we fouled had we made a 3.

16. houseofglass21

I'm not one to blame the refs usually, but the calls in the second quarter were so skewed in favor of GSW it was obvious. They got 6 points from free throws for no-contact foul calls and that's what started their run. Yet Harden would drive the lane on our side, get hammered, and there would be no call. Don't give the Warriors too much credit. If it wasn't for those bad calls I feel we would have maintained or even built on the lead we had.

1 person likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Exactly. I don't understand how people cannot understand that biased officiating can swing momentum the other way. I mean, I find it funny that the lop sided calls occur when GS is dwn dale digits. Right

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Double

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I agree. We really did not get GS's "A" game last night. They really started out sloppy like they did when they lost those two games to Memphis. It's almost as if they underestimated the Rockets - as silly as that may sound. Well, after that battle last night, I fully expect them to be serious from now on. They saw that these Rockets aren't going to go gently into that good night.

20. kevtse

kevtse Member

any news on howard's injury? I dont see a thread out there