1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

2. houston19519

houston19519 Member

3. PJ86

PJ86 Member

We tried to win it with offense again though, cannot give them so many open looks or we will get blown out the next game.

4. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

I love the effort and intensity we played with, but this may be the most disappointed that I've been this postseason. I know we were blown out last series, but we were in this game and we had it. Without so many fumbles and missed shots inside, we would have had this. We should have had this. I really wanted to shut the media up with a win last night. I know it's just one game, but the Warriors were beatable and we should have taken advantage. Just disappointed this morning :(

Hope they don't come out and blow us out in game 2

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The good news is... That it was a winnable game.

The bad news is... because it was a winnable game it kind of hurts and makes it hard to wait until Thus. for the next game.

The thing is that were any of number of things that could have turned it around. Rockets wouldn't have had to fix all of them, but fixing any of them would have won it for the Rockets.

To me the biggest three things that could have been fixed were:

1. Dwight not getting hurt. He would have stopped some offensive rebounds, stopped some paint points during the Warriors run.

2. Fewer TO's. That's when the Warriors are the most dangerous.

3. Better communication on the screens and cuts while playing defense.

Reverse just one of those and leave the others exactly the same and I think it's a Rockets victory.

6. autoprt

autoprt Member

i enjoyed the game thought we could steal one also, hit some great shots I thought we were going to pull it out. still a chance though because Dubs might let their guard down if howard doesn't play next game and after last series anything is possible.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Only thing that scares me is Mchale is just going to rely on Harden the whole game. Just iso him to death. He had a great game but that shouod be done at crunch time, just like the hacking strategy

8. Flop

Flop Member

Drayomond Green with almost a triple double 13/12/8. Is he gonna get the max?

9. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Wait what

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

I hope a lot of people cleaned up or lost money on that ridiculous -10.5 line for the game. Like the Rockets are just going to lay down and let the Warriors stomp them out. No respect smh

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Why was it necessary for Curry to have his daughter at the podium?

#lame

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

This seems to happen only when teams win, when they lose their children don't go up there. It almost seems like a post game celebration ritual, have your kids go up there to the podium.

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

so he could borrow her pacifier?

2 people like this.
  14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

[​IMG]

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hilarious

Repped

16. krouchchocolate

Dude it was a accident. Josh smith is the reason why we are in the western finals....

17. lockmat

lockmat Member

I don't have cable so I'm not able to watch the Rockets games usually, but I've caught most of the playoff games.

The Rockets started off and played a lot of the game with championship level defense. I was really impressed. Their intensity level was way higher than it was in Game 7 against the Clippers!

James Harden finished the game like a 90's era star player would have, just taking over and dominating the game.

Capella played defense like a beast.

Win or lose, that was a fun game to watch. But arrggggg we coulda shoulda won!

If the Rockets keep up that intensity, I don't know if the Warriors can match it every game so we'll have a excellent chance of taking this series.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

painful game to watch the rockets do almost everything they could to give it away. This one definitely hurts because it could have easily been a rockets win.

ugh.

19. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

I was pretty proud of the team regardless of the outcome. Had Howard not gotten injured we would have won game one. Sucks but we got more games to play.

1 person likes this.
  20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

JJ Barea, Austin Rivers and now Shaun Livingston. We can't let the other team's scrubs account for any wins. You keep Livingston to his average we win this game regardless of turnovers and missed free throws.