1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm scared the Rockets are going to be discouraged because of this hard loss. They put so much effort in, and it wasn't enough.

Hope they can bring what they had tonight in game 2, with a little bit of polish and discipline as well.

2. SemisolidSnake

Let's look at few stats.

Prigioni + 10 leading team. 15 minutes. Terry -8 bottom of the team. 27 minutes. This pattern shows up in the box score ALL THE TIME. Unless Prigs just cannot physically play as many minutes as Terry, these two need to be switched immediately. Even if Prigioni is more easily winded, something still has to be done about Terry consistently at the bottom of the +/- each game.

Terrence Jones:

26 minutes. 2/10 from the field. Two 3-pt attempts both missed. 1/4 from the free throw line. -5. Total pts: 5. 5 whole points.

Clint Capela, who as someone in here said is getting better by the minute:

13 minutes. 4-4 from the field. 1-2 free throws made. -1. Total pts: 9.

Capela is also an outlet for passes from Smith. Jones absolutely is not. When Smith doesn't have someone to pass to, he tries to score himself, which is not his strong suit.

Conclusion: Hack Terrence Jones, Steve Kerr, and try not to get him into foul trouble, so he'll be kept on the court.

Kevin McHale, please, please, flip these two positions in the next games.

1 person likes this.
  3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Which is exactly what I saw. Even so, Harden almost single-handedly kept them in the game by shooting lights out.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Paraphasing:

Interviewer: Why didn't you call timeout in the second half during the run

Coach Mac: *shrugs shoulder* we didnt want to use all of our time outs, i mean we can't use them all, is there a place where we can borrow them from? lol something like that.

He was actually pretty pissed this game. More pissed than the clippers blowouts which is weird.

5. Rockston

Rockston Member

BTW

How much of a scum bag is Green? First he forearm shivers a man with a broken face and now he falls into Lord A3za's knees. He makes me sick. Screw you NBA, I don't want your apology. What I want is for Morey or Mchale to call that kind of mischief to light and protect his players. Rox can win this but apparently it will take a Herculean effort to overcome their mental lapses and the referees lapses of competence.

Rockets in 6, never underestimate these hearts.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't think we're gonna know anything til at least tomorrow. Unless there's structural damage, I imagine he gives it a go in Game 2. There's no sense in sitting him a game in order to get him rest. We're playing every other day.

7. Man

Man Contributing Member

I fully agree. When we were up by around 15, they started calling the tackiest/tiniest touches (and sometimes essentially no contact) on the Rockets, while the Rockets were getting hammered on the other end. It's fine if you call it consistently, but it was blatantly unfair, and then the Rox players started getting frustrated and complaining (rightfully so), but then we started to get distracted, meanwhile refs kept handing them calls.

Ridiculous

1 person likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My primary concern as well. This was their shot. I think they let it go, and that's going to hurt going forward. We'll see.

9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

He played 26 minutes...during the run where Golden St. came back from 16 down,Dwight had 5 TO. What should he say ? Seriously.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think brewer played a little differently with his 5 fouls. He wasn't really able to do his thing in the 4th qtr

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

What? It only matters if you care what they say.

I look back and say what a good time I had watching those teams, and I'm having a good time watching this team and think they're great.

What they say doesn't change my mind. I honestly don't get it.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

We really should always have a rim protector in the game in Howard or Capella. I don't know why McHale doesn't always keep one of them in the game. I know Dwight was hurt this game (hopefully he returns full strength), but Capella definitely should have played more than 12 minutes with the game he was having. And his free throws should not be a reason why he doesn't get to play. They are fine.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'll cut Dwight slack for playing hurt, but if he really couldn't go, he should've told McHale sooner. By the time he pulled himself out of the game in the 2nd half, the damage had already been done.

14. houseofglass21

Stupid Warriors fans celebrating outside arena like they won the championship

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hah! I consider Jalen Rose to be a black version of Skip Bayless...

1 person likes this.
  17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It was pretty split at first but then when Rondo imploded, everyone switched lmfao. Even then, some people were picking Dallas to win citing complete nonsense.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be fair, we did much worse on our home court against the Clips and look how that turned out.

This is going to be a great series if we bring this level of effort every night (assuming Dwight can play).

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

I think they know they're better and can win. Let it slip, particularly thanks to the refs.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, I'm not worried about them getting discouraged at all.

It's one game, they came back from the dead the last series.

The only concern is Howard and his knee.