1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/28/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you think the refs play mental games that span a season long with Harden by giving him these calls in the regular season as bait and then don't in the playoffs because of... reasons?

I dunno. Did he sleep with a ref's spouse?

2. fchowd0311

It has been an innefficent shot as the season proggreses. Again, look at his 3 pt % the past few playoffs. It flat out isn't an efficient shot anymore towards the end of the season and the playoffs.

It also isn't efficient in 4th quarters as Harden shoots 27% on step back threes in the 4th.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the refs do exactly as they're told by the league office, that much is obvious

Jake Tower likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

So Harden slept with Silver's wife. Got it.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden doesn't make $ilver as much money as the worriers it's just that simple

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Why? You would think an elite 36 ppg sg scorer would be the type of player that gets NBA fans the most exited.

NBA fans love prolific scoring sgs.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

because of clueless haters like yourself who lack the basketball IQ, acumen, understanding to appreciate greatness?

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

Thanks for the nuance.

I've defended Harden plenty of times. I've defended him incessantly against non Rocket fans time and time again. It's getting hard to defend someone who routinely becomes an inefficient chucker with a predictable game in the playoffs.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Listening to NBA XM and they're talking with Javie.... he says 3-4 were uncalled fouls, but he thinks Paul and Harden both contorted themselves in the 2nd half to get whistles.

I'd need to watch again, but either way.... 4 obvious times is egregious AND probably 8 missed FTs (I think 2 were And-1s) and makes a huge difference. My God this still bothers me to no end.

10. Voltik

Voltik Member

It’s ineffiencent in the 4th because those fouls are not called, and more so, Harden is playing on tired which he doesn’t have much lift in the 4th. D’Antoni brought Harden back in around 10:30 mark in the 4th qtr in Game 1, I called it out in the game thread knowing he’ll be tired on his shot and drives.

I agree though he hasn’t shot well this years playoffs or in GSW series last year. It’s mostly due to our offense and the burden on Harden to carry this offense as defenses get tighter in playoffs. It’s not all on him. CP3, Capela, Gordon, and some rotation players have to play well, so they aren’t sagging off them. Last game, Harden was being doubled leaving Shumpert on open island, which he missed the 3.

11. fchowd0311

Other all time great scorers find other ways to score. Harden doesn't. He's heavily reliant on 2-3 go to moves that are predictable. He's useless without the ball and always allows the defense to set their feet while he does his slow dribble. Harden is just the type of player who goes down hill at a rapid rate when his few go to moves don't go his way.

12. Voltik

Voltik Member

Like I said, it’s a combination of system and lack of players stepping up when things get tough. Also, playing close to 11 minutes in the 4th, will have any player that a team relies heavily upon, to have low chances of success espically at end of games.

13. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Harden is the greatest player ever... refs swallowing whistles out of financial concerns or hating on him cant change that he is the most skilled player ever with the greatest results achieved ON THE basketball COURT ... what has been seen can not be unseen...

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Fixed it for you.

Shump 21 min; 4 fouls; shot 1 for 4
    THAT's what we need, 48 min of THIS. Actually, at this rate, he wouldn't last a whole game.
    He'd foul out (giving GSW FT's while he's at it)
    Austin Rivers, GET WELL SOON

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Warriors keep getting inadvertently lucky, and it's not just the calls.

The Cousins injury was great news for them because the Rockets would've exploited him all series. Now, what does Houston do with Capela? Warriors are starting their death lineup so should we counter with our Tuckwagon lineup? Capela is not going to be effective unless he's basically playing with a ridiculous motor like Game 4 vs Utah last year.

The Clippers surprise win in Game 5 that gave the Rockets more rest? Yeah, that didn't help Houston either. Rockets numbers on 3+ days of rest have been horrible all year. With 3 days rest they have a -9.2 net rating and only shoot 30% from 3. They were better off playing Golden State with just 1 day of rest. My guess is for a heavy 3 point volume shooting team, they need to establish a rhythm early and too many days off kills rhythm.

On the other hand, Warriors are a +7.4 on 1 day of rest.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Lol common now you are well known harden hater. Let’s keep it real. You accused him of faking injuries. Let’s be real. Just look at you’re posts here. It’s all about harden hating.

jordnnnn likes this.
  19. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

So Adam silver got it deleted huh? Dang it! Should have saved it

20. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lol that was on par with the Kings screw job against the lakers