1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/18/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2016.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Curry only for 8 games.

But Brewer is for a season...

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It blows my mind that brewer keeps getting big minutes let alone starts.

Any coach would have benched him months ago the guy is shooting under 30% for the last 20 games. He doesn't deserve to play anymore than garabage minutes. He is one of the worst players in the entire NBA.

Just having him not play would help the team a lot im sure of this. Is it enough for us to win? No but I doubt we get beat by 20+.

One thing is Forsure bev/ariza have to hit all there open 3s. They had so many early in the game on Saturday and clanked them all. They literally can't miss one 3 that's open If they have a shot at getting even one game.

Notice how we only look good when harden gets going and scores 10+ points in a few minutes but it's unreasonable to think he can do that all game. We need some guys to step up in a major way and really hit some easy and tough shots.

Dwight needs to catch the ball also he has to many plays were the ball rolls right off his hands. He's so big he should be able to Palm the ball and it seems he can barely hold onto it with two Hands. He needs to get 20+ and 12+ every game and shut the paint down. Also harden has to score 30+ if not we have not shot at keeping the game close.

I just want the rockets to compete and keep it close going to the 4th quarter if they can do that its a success.

JB sucks I hate that guy as a coach and hate even more seeing jvg say how great of a coaching job he's done. He's been terrible and doesn't know what he's doing hence the non rotaions he trouts out evey game hoping somthing sticks.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Play as physical as we can . Must win.

4. Misa

Misa Member

If we dont make adjusments for Harden to get open or atleast get his shots, his fts then i dont see us outscoring them,

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Blowout #2

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Play tough and physical, no matter win or lose!!!

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I kinda figure the lower we go as a team the sweeter it will feel when we climb back to the top

8. Chamillionaire

Gonna try to watch the whole game, doubt I'll make it through the whole game though. This team is so frustrating to watch. Can't wait til next season.

9. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I wonder if Bev will continue his physical defense on Curry? It did not work on game one.

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Will Lin continue his physical defense against Wade?

The physical defense certainly didn't hurt the Rockets.

11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Draymond will be pissed for not winning DPOY

12. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Maybe Bev needs to take out Curry's knee tonight. That's the only way we may win a game or two now. GS is too good to be affected by our hard physical defense.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I know for a fact I won't get any sleep at all if I watch this game that late starting at 9:30 pm. The negative or positive adrenaline rush will keep me up well after the game ends.

If that doesn't affect you'll, then I guess I don't understand how it doesn't?

I think I'm probably going to pass watching it. I may watch a little to start out.

Maybe the key to getting to sleep afterwards is alcohol or Xanax (do not mix)?

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'm betting 100% you watch. No friggin way you miss this game. Your mind will be wandering as you try to fall asleep. Eventually you will check the score - see that the rocket have a 10 point lead going into the 4th ...

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Anyone else think this mega-flood is an indicator of things to come around 930? I think so.

16. Surfguy

It's definitely hard to pass up. But, I dunno. I didn't get to sleep until 3 AM the last game and that was an early game. I've got to work and need my wits about me.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They're going to turn the corner.

They're going to flip the switch.

Nah, cmon guys.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

For me the answer was easy. I checked out on this team emotionally back in 2009 when they put Artest on the team. I was so pissed off, I dropped NBA League Pass and did not watch another game as long as he was on the team. By the time I did start watching again, I found that I was able to do so with complete emotional detachment (it's the same way I watch the Mavericks who are also a trainwreck). And I've been a Rockets fan since they first got here as the San Diego Rockets but I simply got tired of the emotional rollercoaster this team forces its fans to ride in order to be fans. It's just not worth it.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They never flipped the switch to a better draft pick.

20. Surfguy

I checked out as well emotionally on regular season games. But, this is the playoffs and my mind makes a distinction between regular season and playoffs. I can't control it. I thought I might be able to but, after last game, I know it's not possible. I'm between a rock and a hard place. lol