1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/16/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2016.

1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Spot on. Harden is an elite transition player but in the half court he's only above average. A big reason is his inability to finish with his right hand. Against strong defensive teams that scheme for you in the playoffs that's why you see him struggle like he does. Still a great talent that can score the ball in bunches but he needs to add more to his half court repertoire if he wants to transcend to the next level.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The coaching is piss poor. Harden was like a rookie in OKC, and believe it or not, that team had poor coaching that revolved around iso Durant, Westbrook, and or Harden if you go back and look at the footage. But they got further because of that extreme talent of Durant and Westbrook. It is what it is. Harden would do so much better on a team like the Warriors or Spurs. Learn accountability.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only 2 Rockets made more than 9 points.

Brewer wasn't the only poor shooter. He had more assists than Harden, KJ, and Beverly combined. He had more rebounds than DMO, Harden, and Smith combined. KJ had no assists and only one more point than Brewer. They all share the blame I believe.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Good news! I don't think they can play any worse.

1 person likes this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's odd..he's never been good at finishing with his right but if you looked back on highlights with OKC he seemed to have variation in his offensive game. He seemed more athletic and knew how to maneuver around defenders to finish. The Morey-ball mindset of 3s and getting to the FT at all costs has probably messed with his growth. He's become so predictable...it's a straight line drive to the rim keeping the ball low into the defender.

6. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

ok. i was at Buzz Fest. Now just reading that Corey Brewer started. JB... You got to be kidding me. WTF!?!. Start Motiejunas. Keep Brewer glued to bench please. Try to win a game OK?

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You're probably the only person who things this. Glad you're the GM

8. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Keep bev/kj/lock glued to steph.

Disperse all of corys minutes to demo/smith/beas/montrezl/tj & Red Panda.

Build Team Morale & put yourself in position to WIN.

U cant play any worse or can U

9. Surfguy

If someone can get seats right behind the Rockets bench, then we might be able to slip some Clear Eyes or Visine drops into Brewer's gatorade. That will get him back in the locker room throwing up and with the runs. We won't have to worry about seeing him back. lol

Yes, I saw that in "Wedding Crashers". Not sure if it actually works.

On second thought, don't do that. I have a feeling Brewer will play much better in Game 2. So does JB! ;)

#2089 Surfguy, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

100%. End of the day I don't believe Phil was a great X and O coach but he knew how to manage egos and make them play together for the greater good.

At this level superstars need to be massaged and worked over to really buy in and sacrifice to win championships. We don't have that. We have a dysfunctional team and we need a coach that will hold people accountable. Not some Morey yes man.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Has a coach ever been hired and taken over team in the middle of a playoff series? With Curry's ankle on the brink, maybe Tibs can swoop in, cut Brewer and Howard, and steal the series.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

13. Surfguy

Alright...the adrenaline rush associated with this embarrassing loss is starting to wane.

"I think I'll go to sleep now."

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

would it be weird to watch a replay of game 2 against the Mavs from last season on Monday night instead of the Rockets game against the Warriors.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Didn't get to watch the game...in Hong Kong! But PLEASE tell me JBB didn't put Terry on Curry? Terry can't really guard anybody, much less Curry. One of the reasons the Mavs let Terry go...five years ago now?...was because his defensive stats were pretty bad then. And it certainly hasn't gotten better with age.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He did indeed. One of the first things that happened was Jet fouling him on a 3pt attempt.

17. krouchchocolate

Damn didn't watch the game but looked at the box score. How the **** does Beasley get 5 mins? Wow jb is horrible

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

U missed an almost come back. We had it down to 15 pts or so then the refs dug in deep

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well. At least the game is over.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not saying the refs were the whole reason - no way- but damn the officiating was horrid.