1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/16/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We started Corey Brewer - let that sink in a bit.

WE STARTED......COREY ****ING BREWER!

Is there anything more that needs to be said about how inept our coaching staff and overall plan is?

DD

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Glad I wasnt able to watch this train wreck of a game...or I wouldve broken my Hotel TV...

Cant believe they really started Brewer...

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They did not start a PF.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dmo tried to get a arm lock while being shoved, wrapped around and elbowed. Result it was a offensive foul...

5. DaDakota

Who, GS? So?

Why would we adjust with a weaker player, punish them for not starting a PF.

GOOD TEAMS and COACHES do not follow - they lead, and they make the other team adjust.....not them.

DD

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They are trying to counter the Warriors with speed. Brewer, as bad as he is this season, has a ton of speed to go with his length. Too bad he can't hit a shot to save his life right now.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

His speed is meaningless. He uses it to drive headfirst into 3 defenders and throw up horrible shots that don't have a prayer of going in. And he can't shoot worth a damn which means the defense can sag off of him and double and triple team Harden.

There is no reason to play Brewer if you're serious about trying to win. And certainly no reason to start him.

8. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Any news on Harden hanging out at the club?

9. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

So, we just need a better team than Golden State to force them to adjust to us rather than vice versa.

Well, that's solved then. That's the direction the team needs to go this offseason.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No, just us.

I think GSW has one of the best tweeners or best undersized PFs in the league (Green might not score a lot but he brings it)

Green is legit and one time Allstar

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's mainly there to try to keep up with fast Warriors on defense. He did get maybe 1 steal on a gamble for a fast break or am I mistaken?

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Send in Trez. Make him knock down some of these a-holes. Use all 6 of your fouls stepping on Curry's toes and knocking those ankles. They want to use the illegal screen, that's cool. We will knock them down. JB, play like you got nothing to lose, because in truth you have nothing to lose. Like the movie the replacements, this won't last much longer.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We should have started Dmo . It's almost inexcusable that we didn't . Brewer is fine off the bench coming in for Ariza with the other hand of brothers ... I respect their chemistry and change of pace .

what blows my mind is how the coaching can't see that we are just a better fundamental team with Dmo on the floor . JVG commented on his passing . He actually surprised me with how effective he was in the post vs a really good post defender in green . The more he gets in rhythm the better shooter he is . Why can't we play his guy ?

Everyone knows we can't beat the Warriors at their own game . If you wanna try then fine , but do it for like 6 min and then go back to what has actually ****ing worked in the past especially down the stretch ( yes against bad teams) by starting Brewer you now throw off the rest of the rotation .

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Curry was asked if Beverley is a dirty player and his response: "Nah, he's an aggressive player, he plays hard. He tries to get under your skin with certain things that he does but that's kind of his M.O. I wouldn't call it dirty at all."

15. DaDakota

That is stupid, you don't counter with speed if that speedy player sucks....if you are trying to do that put in KJ - but IMHO, try to go big....pound them inside all game long...and on the glass.

DD

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The one benefit of this series is it's going to 100% show how flawed this roster is. Outside of James there is not one player a team is afraid of. There are no shooters, nobody who can create there own shot (Beas occasionally can but not constantly) no players who can create for anyone else. Because of this Houston is easy to defend you throw the double at Harden and you force other people to make plays.

Anyways I don't understand why people are all up in arms we finished .500 Golden state won 73 damn games this is to be expected. Especially with the worst HC in the NBA right now.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Solid sportsmanship

Good response by Curry. The man keeps it real

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

EASILY.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

And his mental toughness is insane as well. Doesn't get rattled

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member