1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/9/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2016.

1. ibm

ibm Member

to me, we lost because of our terrible defense, esp. in the opening quarter. and harden had a lot to do with that, though he had a good game overall.

you dig a hole at the start, then all game long you're going uphill.

better effort. doubt they can keep it up every night. will see tonight against the blazers, in a game important to playoff seeding.

2. rockets13champs

We should have benched harden when we were 4-11 not fire mchale. I think it would have been essentially the same thing. Firing mchale was a big mistake. This team is playing with mchales system with no coach basically

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We showed some fight, but this squad is so unpredictable. It's like being on a dangerous roller coaster.

I hope they will move on forward. JB is not utilizing Josh Smith properly at all. This is hurting us a lot. Lawson's
    poor performance is very disappointing.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We were 4-7, not 4-11.

5. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I watched the game and was surprised we took a lead and even kept it 93 all going into the fourth but the fourth showed that we lack the cohesive unit that the Warriors have mastered.

The person who disappointed me the most in that game was Ty Lawson though. He missed wide open three after wide open three that would've shifted momentum or added momentum to our run. It's so funny how before the season Ty touted that he was basically the missing piece to take down the Warriors and "make Curry work on the other end" etc. Truly disappointing.

6. ibm

ibm Member

lawson is a curious case. cant remember any other player like him, who can drop off that much in just one season w/o an injury. sometimes he's decent, but more often he looks like he doesnt even belong to the d-league.

i think harden's ball dominance has something to do with it, but it cannot be possibly all of it.

just mysterious yet so frustrating.

7. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XIXZd58th8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've decided to give up Curry chicken. I just can't do it any more.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Did josh play at all in the 2nd half?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, James badly needs a second running mate. No argument from here. Still, I'm proud of the effort by some of our guys, but being proud won't get you a cup of java at Dunkin' Donuts. Hell, at this point, I'd take just the Donuts!

After a rough start, Harden was tremendous, playing some of the best defense I've seen from him in a while and finding his stroke in the middle quarters, but he needed help. Our bench didn't give it to him and 3 of the starters couldn't find the basket. Missed free throws simply killed us. Both teams hit the same number, 23, but Houston's total took 9 more attempts. Speaking of attempts, how could the bench, aside from Thornton, play 39 minutes in a very physical game and not get one call from the officials? They didn't miss free throws. Hell, they couldn't buy an attempt! Howard was the only starter who couldn't sink one from the line to save his life and we needed him to. Nice game from Dwight otherwise. When he came out, the impact on our defense was obvious. Harden and Ariza were a combined 10/17 from behind the arc. The rest of the guys? 3/16 on a night when, despite that horrific number, we still shot better from downtown than the Warriors, with Klay Thompson ice cold from distance.

We could have won this game on Golden State's home court, where no team has won thus far during this crazy first half of the season, had one of Brew and Bev had a hot hand, had our bench, other than Thornton, been able to buy a bucket, or buy a call from a crew of refs who seemed to be nut-hugging the Warriors during stretches of the game, or if the bench could buy some freakin' defense. Yes, J.R., we could use some better role players and a starter to take the pressure off Harden.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...-123-Rockets-6820758.php?cmpid=twitter-tablet

Hold Curry AND Thompson scoreless in the 4th? Boy, we got a great chance to win this game! Not so.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Can't blame him were all frustrated.

The sad part is that morey had just done a poor job on getting the right kind of players around harden. He though rough and rugged athletes foukd get it done but having smarter player with less athletism is really what harden needs.

Also dwight can go. I hate losing a player as polarizing as him but it's become painfully obvious that the team is better off without him plus he's about to be on the wrong side of 30.

We all talk about his Rebounding and defense but really were still bad at both and that's his department. I know it's not his fault but how much worse can we really be with him nkt on the court? Not much imo.

We're wasting Hardens first prime year this season. I don't understand hey morey hasnt made any moves yet? Maybe he knows some freeagents are interested in houston? I don't know but if that is nkt the case then I ask? What are you waiting for!!!!

Who cares what seed we are. Harden with the right role players not stars can compete with the big boys. Hes a winner and this year has been really bad for us fans because it's becoming obvious that this thing is not turning around with this group.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

There's a significant disconnect between the headline and what's in the actual article.

There's nothing that suggests that he's nearing a boiling point or any kind of mention of degree. It just said he's frustrated - just like JB and Dwight and us fans.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

again where were these complaints last year? You take a 56 win team and bring them all back yet all of a sudden he doesn't have the right players around harden. Yeah that's all Morey's fault right.

People were so accustomed to morey bringing players in and out trying to find the right mix and yet when they finally achieve their deepest run in years and keep the team intact to continue building towards the goal of a title, its on him that these players all of a sudden aren't the right kind of players.

16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Smith played 9min & Brewer Played 29min

Go **** yourself JB

17. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

This is the thing that I'm stunned about as well. Now the narrative is the whole team physically regressed?

I'd say that's quite crazy to say considering it's certainly partly the (lack of a) of a good system and a big mentality problem that are at the core of the whole thing.

Sorry, blaming the role players is as weird as only blaming James. It's extremely far-fetched to contend they all lost talent during summer.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets gave the EFFORT from last night, in many of the games earlier in the year (Nets & Nuggets games etc) they would be in the hunt for the 4th seed.

That's what is really disappointing.

19. verysimplejason

It's more on the system he's playing in. What the Rockets need is not somebody like him. A 3 & D role player PG like Delladova. When you've got Harden, you must have 4 players who can play D and make catch-n-shoot 3's (or at least play pick-n-rolls with him).