1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can we please f*cking stop with the idea that Harden doesn't play team basketball.

Count how many times each game he creates AND PASSES to open teammates.

Jesus christ this is f*cking annoying.

Apologies - not trying to single you out jnuge90 - but god damn there are too many posts like this.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Nick_713 and 6 others like this.
  2. OpportunityCost

When it's the Harden show it's less of a team game. They're all standing watching him and not as engaged.

3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

4. major_major

major_major Member

Tonight was the best version of our team, and when Harden comes back, being the best player, he should try to integrate himself into the best version of our team.

5. rockets13champs

“We staying tonight. Wink wink”

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and Milosch like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

For all the talk about ISO’s, the rockets switching defense forces the warriors into iso ball as well.

The only problem is Durant. Durant seems like he’s averging 40 ppg on the rockets

I swear if Durant never went to the warriors, the rockets would probably wash the warriors.

7. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Damn I forgot we still have Shump on this team. If dude can contribute and Harden can look to play team ball, we have a strong chance to win it all (That rhymes)

jcf, Hakeemtheking and Tfor3 like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Weird flex, but ok.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He got away with throwing punches at Nene and I’m like, wtf? What if he had connected? That’s how games get out of hand and the ref was staring right at him.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

11. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Full Game Highlights...

12. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Moving Tucker back to SF helped him gain his offensive touch back.

Faried starting means more rebounds, equals more fast break points equals more corner threes for Tucker.

I love keeping Faried our there with Capella!

D-rock, BigMaloe, BeBreezy and 8 others like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You know what’s crazy? I think how the rox play is all psychological. It’s like last years disappointment created a psychological scar on the players in that our focus solely rested on beating the warriors. Possibility the players have a hangover effect from last year in that they believe there’s no competition out there but the warriors and often overlooking other teams in the league, which frankly is a huge mistake since the teams are more talented this year and there’s more parity in the league. Hence you see the rox losing focus blowing huge leads or under playing towards perceived lesser opponents. Great win though. Like I said all year this team can beat anyone with health and focus. Let’s all pray the stupid 30 put streak is over so we can get back to playing championship basketball.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

He's baaaaaaaack.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I like

jcf, bro2044 and Tfor3 like this.
  16. OpportunityCost

Here come the Harden-ISO apologists, lol. James needs to assimilate his play to how the team played tonight, not the other way around. Could you imagine having his offensive ability being an additional asset to how the team played tonight?

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Tucker playing at his natural position is another key component MDA need to pay close attention to. He looked fresh and had better lift on his shots. Playing at the 4 and 5 was killing his production.

D-rock and Jake Tower like this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

The thing I was most impressed about with D'Antoni tonight (and like Nene, I've been very critical of him this season) he called a quick time-out after the Warriors hit back-to-back triples in the 4th instead of letting them go on a huge run before doing so.

BigMaloe, Nick_713, BeBreezy and 4 others like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bro concept of fun is very subjective
    if we are different than you does it make us dumb?

yes unfortunately its true, for me and that other brother and many others
    This team is so fun to watch without Harden

20. Downtown Sniper

Please go through every game this year and count how many times each game Harden creates WIDE OPEN shots for his teammates.

Then count how many times Harden makes those passes.

Then count how many times those players knock down those wide open shots.

Yet another poster I've got to ask the question to -why do you act like Harden doesn't pass the ball?

How are we to expect the media and fairweather fans to react to Harden fairly, when our own damn fanbase has such a skewed opinion of him to begin with. F*cking embarrassing.