1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2020.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

so Denver lost and Utah lost and Portland too :) a very good day.

Tomorrow we gotta play with extra energy because Utah won’t wanna lost twice in a row and not to us. Let’s get the W

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I know I’m hard.

Mr. Dominant and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ abused every Laker on him, I'm sure Kuzma and Caruso are waking up with cold sweats every night.

AD gave him the most difficulty, similar to Gobert. Russ needs to use his quickness and strength to attack when these mobile long bigs sag, he can still get his shot off of he mitigates their length by taking advantage of angles and getting onto their body.

2 man Spain, dribble hand off and slip screen, faking pin down then attacking rim are also options.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I agree that Kuzma stuff doesn't count. Well, it counts as in: other teams can't half-ass their defensive game plans to frustrate Westbrook, they have to send in their long-armed-sluggish-center(s) to actually disrupt anything.

I did feel like Westbrook was posting up AD too. The thing is he does it with speed so it really doesn't look like a traditional post move at all. The important thing is that positionally he can take a long-armed center from that spot on the floor. Speed forces bad defensive positioning and it always has throughout the history of the game, so there's no need to discount Westbrook's efforts against AD. Those possessions still happened.

I honestly think the possessions you're concerned about is when they double team Westbrook in the post and force his layup attempt to be a few feet wider than he normally takes them. For that, I'm eager to find a solution, but I'm sure there is one.

Rudy Gobert is such a great post player. I think tonight's game will give us plenty to talk about. I'll try to find some plays we can agree on as being the problem. (of course NOT finding those plays because we've figured it out would be even better!) .

Go Rox! Enjoy the game, homie!

mike2k132 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

naw a double in the post is a good thing for us thats a wide open shot. im talking stricting a big just staying in the paint. if im a big i woouldnt even come close.to him. i stay in the paint...meet him at the rim. make hkme shoot the jumper....which he can hit. its math doh. i always want the less sure thing. russ at the rim uncontested. 2 points all day.

the jumper 60 percent. as a cosch im always taking the lesser of 2 evils. n say beat me

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I agree here. To me you bait Westbrook into going at a rim that's closed off at the last second. That's probably a risky strategy but that's what I'm doing in a 7 game series if I'm a Jazz/Lakers type team with a long-armed center that eats playing time.

mike2k132 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yep thats the thing u wanna do. bring it to his decision making.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member