1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's been posting up when they sag deep into the paint. That really ignites the D'Antoni three point options from the old Suns days: corner or wing > defense's choice. I don't see that as an unsolvable problem. The main thing is finding options better than: Westbrook takes a long 2 or Westbrook taking a contested layup. Savy?

[​IMG]

(when I say savvy I mean are you and I on the same page here now?)

hakeem94, Remlap and D-rock like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh, I thought Antoine was a person, and WB exhales his name in a nostalgic or familial call-out, as good luck prayer before every layup.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You know what the Spain PnR is. It’s for 3 men to run, but I’ve recently seen Harden/Russ run essentially a two-man Spain.

Harden will go to FT line area without ball, and back-pick the sagging man guarding WB out front. This threatens a drive by WB, so forces a switch on the drive as Harden pops out to top of key for three. Just like Spain, but only 2 guys.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Exactly, options are Russ going downhill toward rim, Harden wide open for 3, attacking a closeout and/or swinging to open corner 3.

2 man Spain, excellent!

BaselineFade, hakeem94 and heypartner like this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

oh like a dribble hand off to harden, screening hardens man. that is a good idea.

BaselineFade, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

he been posting up smalls.with a big sagging he aint posting up a center.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

I have the Lakers game on DVR. I'm gonna go check to see if he posts Anthony Davis up. I could swear he did. He's got a slippery move that gets around bigs if I'm remembering correctly.

I'll post it if I find it, but regardless we're in agreement that there are options to combat this defensive strategy, right? I feel like there are several options that could work.

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

The same way Gordon yells on every drive "AAAAYYYYYY!"

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  9. don grahamleone

PJ Tucker does it too so now every time it happens and they're on the court together under the rim my wife and I have arguments about which one done it.

D-rock and Remlap like this.
  10. don grahamleone

He constantly attacks the sagging defenses by the Lakers. I'm not sure what your concerns are.

There's about 6 examples in there over a 3 minute span:

D-rock, BaselineFade and vlaurelio like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

this. Westy plays real big in the paint

13. MystikArkitect

I didnt understand the technical on House when the bench was clearly trying to interfere with him taking a 3. He turns around to clap back and they T him up.

There should be Ts for opposing benches getting up to try and disrupt a 3 point shooter in the corner.

D-rock, BMoney, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yes we are. n yes i am aware of that slippery move. ita like a under move he does against them. i forgot that. but to me. that seems to be just bigs playing that dumb. but we are in agreement.

don grahamleone, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cmon man its a 30 pt lead lol kinda hard to get worked up after your team takes a dump on the worriers.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

ok i watched...1 we have to take anything he did on kuzma out lol. i mean we all can agree anybody can beat him he plays no d...n he not really a big.

now to ad. he never posted him.

n everytime he beat ad. ad was playing dumb defense. coming out the paint. giving russ a angle. things like that teams will correct in a series. like ad was coming out the paint to guard him on the perimeter. that makes no sense. thats a easy blow by. im talking guys not getting there hips turned so he can just blow buy. im talking just a wall between him in the basket. thats how i would play him. he going to the rim u should know that as a big.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Well, Kuzma is like 3rd in usage for that team lol. If they are going to take him out, who are they gonna put in, another big? Morris? Either way thats a bad option for them. They will get torched. And AD came up like that because he was doubling James as well.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

NO, NO, I've seen plenty of posters on here whining
    and crying for the coach's head even after a win.
    Are you sure you weren't in that crowd?

Now that we're winning big. . . . .

D-rock likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

A win is kinda different from a 30 pts beatdown. MDA did a great job tonight you can see his coaching cuz the lead got maintained even when scrubs came in. A lot of the stuff I complain about he didnt really do tonight, he implemented sets and plays particularly for Jeff Green, he stuffed whatever BS Kerr was trying to pull and he played 12 guys tonight so no 7 man rotation in a regular season game.

But at the same time it's just 1 win I can still whine and cry next game if he starts coaching like crap.

#879 roslolian, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Oh, sure. Now it's illegal to step over the baseline at Golden State. Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 10.07.05 PM.png

D-rock, Roomba and heypartner like this.