1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/20/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2014.

1. steady

steady Member

Yes , when Dwight is sitting, its pretty awesome to have our starting unit from last year (which was pretty damn good) go against other teams' second units.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

If Dwight hit his half of his FTs, there wouldn't be OT.

3. conquistador#11

we could do this all day. if howard hits 65% of his fts, our total wins would be around 43.

4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Dwight just did not show up for this one. Missed some FTs bad (so did Harden) and just kept shooting blanks the whole game. They gave up WAY too many offensive rebounds, and they missed so many EASY tip-ins. The officiating was pretty bad but it was really for both teams. The T on McHale should never have happened b/c of the offensive foul after the buzzer at the end of the first Q. That and a hack on Dwight in the 2Q I think went no-called.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Jones better watch out. DMo might steal his job as our starting PF.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We knew what were getting before hand lol so no need to keep playing yhe IF game. Howard wont ever shoot 65% or better from the foul line. And Jones looks like he is on that same path a freethrows are concerned.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His x-ray is negative. Let's hope the MRI will be negative too.

8. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Seems like O'Neal is Howards cryptonite,Gonna be tough to beat the warriors in a Playoff series and Bogut did Not Play either

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Beaten by a BS bank shot from 20ft....lol thems the breaks.

DD

10. chandlerbang21

to much ISO by the rockets in overtime. They need to fix this

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

not just that Howard had his worst game as a rocket

warriors would be lucky to win 1 game in a playoff series against us

12. cebunit

cebunit Member

Warriors would not favored to win against in a 7 game series. All those missed shots and questionable calls wont happen again.

13. cebunit

cebunit Member

Warriors would not be favored in a 7 game series.*

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't know about worst game this year since he still got 4 blocks and 20+ rebounds, but yeah offensively it may have been his worst.

I'm not surprised though. This wasn't just a typical back-to-back situation for him. He was clearly much more energized in the Lakers game for obvious reasons so he was probably drained yesterday.

Unfortunately for the Warriors, we don't play back to back games in the playoffs.

15. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's exactly how it felt to me. They came out flat for the first half bc they were emotionally spent from the night before. Too bad they couldn't pull out the win, but for as poorly as they played for most of the game, I'm happy they gave themselves a chance to win it in the end. You know you are a good team when at your worst, you still come very close to beating GSW on the road.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hated to lose like that, but all I care about now is that Harden's OK. I hope he is. I'm not going to say anything about Jeremy managing to run into him. What's the point? **** happens.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets repeated last year's performance against GS... win every game except the last one.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

well depends how many/the tone, but leave it to some annon rep hate to make a bigger leap than one of those skii jumpers and accuse of me of linking racism and texas LOL.

I thought it was obvious it was about how the number of lin only fans is greater than parsons only fans, and the cfs feuding all that. then again, those that try to find racism in nothing are often the most bigoted, like LOF's accusing McHale of racism, but this idiot can't see he/she's just as bad. sad

19. roadstone

roadstone Member

No one is even mentioning the crappy officials. If it weren't for them we would have easily won this game by a good 7-8 points. smh

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Tony Brothers smh. The Dwight dunk late in 4th quarter should've been an And-1. He got smacked.