1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Whoever repped me for the prediction of the final score, thank you.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Nothing wrong with Lin respecting his former team. What's wrong is your implication:

1. Lin can turn on/off the "Linsanity" switch any time he wants
    2. Lin turned it off due to the respect.

That is as ridiculous as it gets.

3. Grigori

Grigori Member

C'mon, man, stop dissin' my man Harden!

4. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yes PGS get to choose bro.
    It's called taking less shots and faciliating. :grin:

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Really? That must be frustrating as crap for them as they try to catch up. Good.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rockets can get around 46 wins easily.

7. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Well, Lin didn't take fewer shots last night. He just made fewer shots.

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

LoLahhhhHHi hate LOF so MUCH.

Damn it they won't even acknowledge that Lin had an off shooting night.

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

you know, that has crossed my mind, not in terms of his ceiling, but mchale, being around lin since the beginning, might have realized how much of a pressure he was under to perform at Linsanity level while recovering from knee surgery and going through a shooting slump. maybe his goal this first year is to take away as much pressure as possible to allow lin to grow and figure out his role in this offense instead of pushing things and get frustrated not seeing the results he's looking for. keep in mind, the coaches said they had to tell lin to pull back and not train too hard early on. maybe his baseball comment is about not needing to go 25 and 8 every game but taking what the defense is giving him.

don't know, but based on his comments and what we've seen, it does seem like he is lowering expectations and WANTS lin to play to that low expectation and be satisfied with it. nobody is expecting harden numbers - actually nobody really knows what to expect because he wasn't 100% for much of season so far BUT you'd hate for your coach to impose a ceiling on your potential and ask you to only play to that. i'd hate for that to be true for how he sees all other players on the team. as a young team, you provide a little structure and you let them play. let them make mistakes and learn. then you come back next year and figure out how to refine the structure to fit the personnel on the team.

10. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

They are just here to russell jimmies man. take it with a grain of salt. Theres too many of them and theres no way to stop them. Arguing only brings in more. They don't die, they just multiply :cool: :eek:

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I really expected us to lose this one. A very pleasant surprise to wake up this morning and find we hadn't.

I real shame with that SAC loss though.

I thought the drama from the last game with these guys plus being on there home floor, plus their losing streak would have them focused and vengeful.

Could it be that GS was playing above themselves and now is coming down to their true caliber?

12. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

On Clutchfans he's underrated, but he's wildly inconsistent. He has one of the best mid-range jumpers for a PF which is perfect for our backcourt. Just needs consistency on D and to improve his rebounding.

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

In a similar vein Parsons is overrated. Good player, sure, but the offense highlights him. It's clear he's McHale's guy and I cringe during the games where he is receiving an obscene amount of touches while letting opposing wings torch us because he can't play D.

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Maybe he chooses to make fewer shots? :grin:

I don't believe it one bit, but IF he purposefully turned off the Linsanity switch out of so called respect and jeopardized the outcome of the game, then screw him.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Rich Bucher on Harden last night-

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden impressed a lot of the talking heads last night. I find it funny that Bucher though Curry should go ahead of Harden...and Harden impressed him a night where he rolled his ankle AND came back the same night. Harden seems to have bad luck with stepping on the foot of others and he just plays through it. I was watching this game with a Warrior fan and I told him then "Harden would be back."

Some guys just have a higher pain threshold...I think we have one of those guys.

Also today Stephen A was gushing about Harden. He said Harden isn't a star, that he's special. That in the end he's worth more than what the Rockets are paying him.

18. jocar

jocar Member

Reported! You're welcome! ;)

19. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

I was at this game. Lin had an off night shooting. Everyone was sluggish. I called the whole atmosphere CIVIL. Most of Lin's points came from FTs, one nice lay up and you know the rest.