1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Harden doesn't do this.

I know what you want, off the ball movement. I personally sit here and tell myself, the offense, as predictable as it can be, is one of the highest rated offenses in the league.

4 on 3 basketball seems like a sure bet if players finish the plays off.
    Is 4 on 3 basketball bad? We lost because we didn't make buckets plus the effort on D was poor.

Off the ball movement, I guess could have maybe produced a few extra open looks for Harden, what about his teammates? They still would of missed.

Capela obviously has a problem playing against the Warriors as well. He can't seem to man the **** up and just power through on layups.

Maybe I'm adamant about off the ball movement because I know our style actually works. Short of winning a championship, it's been a pretty damn good run.

2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I mean i get what you are saying but Phoenix was a good win, Sacramento was great up and till the 4th, Clippers was phenomenal down 15 at the half. CP3 65 win team was a better team than this, but Rocket's don't need to be as good as that team to be the best in the West this year. Effort was just severely lacking, I mean I just revisited the highlights and the mid-2rd to end of 3rd were pathetic. I'm not nor should anyone be worried about offense, it's all about Defensively playing with heart, which I just don't get why it dwindles as much as it does. EG coming back should be very helpful, need another 4-5 gm win streak

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. WestendMassive

Western Australia

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

I've literally seen Kawhi do it twice this game alone but sure.

clutchdabear and juanm34 like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Show me footage of Kobe doubled as soon as he crosses half court

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

The three weren't falling. We have trouble with teams deciding to crash us on the rims.

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

complete BS, he was double teamed vs clippers and he played well. Was double teamed vs Spurs as well and played well. He just needs to realize that shooting 3's is not him. I mean wtf is 0-8, and you can't do anything if professional nba players can't hit wide open shots. Team looked tired almost

ak99999 likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Just watched a possession where PG stood around the entire play far beyond the 3 pt line

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Capela looked physically weak today. I don’t know if he’s sick again or what but he looked sluggish. Damn tony really needs to start managing these guys minutes better. He won’t but he should.

Houstunna and ak99999 like this.
  10. JackLordsHair66

Exactly if you didn't see that in the clip you are blind, that was an A+ for lack of effort on Harden to have any effect on that offensive possession, and he does this more often than you think especially in games where he is doubled a lot like today. I love Harden really do, but I really can't stand the dude that was playing a lot of the 3rd/4th that looked like Harden when he plays like that. He's a liability every time when he's in that zone

11. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

the other team isn't even forced to play man defense bc illegal defense doesn't exist. they can just box and 1 or commit 2 players near harden's area at all times and he's not getting the ball whatsoever. and an off-ball screen from the perimeter isn't going to make the situation any different than what they have right now going 4-on-3 at the top of the key with harden passing the ball up after the hard double at halfcourt. it's still the same boat. harden isn't touching the ball off of that off-ball screen no matter how u draw it up. defense is either going to just switch that screen or commit both defenders to harden... or they're just going to play a zone with 2 players shadowing harden. obviously rockets will have someone open... but that's the same advantage that they already have getting a 4 on 3 at the goddam top of the key. u can't beat a situation where u have a 4 on 3 at the top of the key in a half court setting.

12. amaru

amaru Member

Lol at people blaming Harden. If James wasn’t there, they would have lost by 30. This game is on everybody NOT named James Edward Harden.

pr0wler and clutchdabear like this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

That's not true. I've never seen KD or Giannis lollygagging around halfcourt for all 24 seconds of a shotclock. You're just projecting your bs on other players

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

I can't even get past the fact that we let a bottom 5 offense drop 116 on our heads but some on here would prefer we simply try to outscore a team that bad instead of trying to clamp them up.

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Sorry you've never seen it yourself. A simple google search would have sufficed.

fckbandwagons and clutchdabear like this.
  16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

what happened with that was... the man doubling harden was usually pj's man or clint's man or house. westbrook did get it at the top a few times but he settled for midrange shots or just drove it into 3 players when he had a teammate for an open corner 3.

really was just one of those games... most of the games this season the players in that position made the right read or hit their open shots.
    today just wasn't the day.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

We've played some of the best defensive teams in the league pretty much every playoffs, ALOT of team's offenses would drop in efficiency when they go up against defensive juggernauts. Playoff statistical analysis requires more context than that. I agree that our offense needs to be robust against certain teams but we were just fine 2 years ago without the off ball cuts or whatever you wanna say. I wasnt hearing any of that when we were playing the Clippers....in fact, barely even saw you that game.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Refs don’t get a pass, you’re correct. If they’re bad, then they’re criticized, rightfully so.

I don’t think today was one of those days. Just wasn’t that badly officiated of a game. Problems stemmed from the Rockets effort, and spread elsewhere.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

big night for fchowd . :D

clutchdabear, HP3 and Patience like this.
  20. SORF

SORF Member

A player stands in the backcourt to protect a fast break from a failed 3pt shot. Sometimes the missed shot bounces way off the rim back toward the center line. If a player is not back there, it could turn into an uncontested fast break layup at the other end by the other team.

Westbrook was running the point and Harden was the back court guard to protect against a Warrior fast break from a turnover or missed Rocket shot rebound. Harden is playing protective defense when he looks disinterested to some Rockets fans.

Sheesh, Harden has to withstand Rocket fans' "dislike" too. Wow...:(

fckbandwagons likes this.