1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/3/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Did anyone see that block Clint had on Durant? Unbelievable shot by the beard!

bro2044, Patience, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

3. BullRider

BullRider Member

I was bouncin off the walls at 1AM!!! game of the year!!!

4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

There are going to be interesting roster decisions when EG and CP3 return. At this point, these are the guys on the team that are not scared to shoot the ball in big moments:

Harden
    Rivers
    Gerald Green
    Capela
    Tucker
    (I think House plays confident and really impressed me, but I wouldnt trust him having to hit a shot in a big moment)
    CP3
    Eric Gordon

Out of that group, Gordon, Rivers, Harden, and CP3 can create their own shot, whereas Green is more of a spot up player as is Tucker and Capela is what he is. When the game is on the line, who gets on the court? Capela will basically have to be on the court and we've seen his importance when its late and his presence is needed for rebounding and to protect the rim. Without him, we're too small. PJ has proven his worth. I think those two are going to be on the floor. I think we can rest assured that CP3 and Harden will as well. That leaves one open position, and I think reality is that Gordon will probably get those minutes, even though Rivers has proven that he is as big a player and provides some advantages over Gordon (Rivers was giving Curry and Klay fits last night and played strong defense). The alternative is going small with CP3, Harden, Rivers, Gordon, and PJ, but then you risk missing rebounds.

Beyond the eight mentioned - harden, rivers, green, tucker, house, CP3, capela, and gordon, you'd have to think the rest of the roster is up for trade (Ennis, MCW, Melo, etc.). Hoping Morey can swing a deal for a guy like Jonathan Simmons or PF...

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. Zergling

Zergling Member

I did not sleep till 3am and had to wake up 3 hours later for work. I'm still amped. Pretty much the best possible case scenario happened both for the Rockets and James Harden's perception around the league.

I spent all night browsing on NBA Twitter and Reddit and there were A LOT people that weren't Harden fans before this game that had to give him his due. I think he gained a ton of respect for carrying us (without CP3 and EG) past a healthy Warriors team on the road on national TV. He had his "MVP" moment last night for sure.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep
    ps
    talking about the bizzare Chris Vernon thinks its a hardens decision if the defenders will foul him or not

heypartner and Mr. Space City like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@DonKnock would be proud of you!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets GM Daryl Morey revels in win over rival Warriors, discusses trade deadline: ‘We’re definitely a buyer.’

https://theathletic.com/749409/2019...usses-trade-deadline-were-definitely-a-buyer/

anyone have access to The Athletic?

Morey confirmed that Houston would look add to their roster to make a push at a championship this season. "We’re definitely a buyer. …I think we’ve been trying to win the title for a while, and we had a couple years before we got James where we probably didn’t have as much of a chance to win, where we were probably a little more future focused," said Morey. "But since James has been here we’ve been buyers at the deadline and hopefully something comes along that we think can help our chances to win the title."

#2368 YOLO, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

GOAT

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I was wrong Skip Bayless just said that Harden tried to flop on the game winner.

That guy is insufferable .

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I had this dream last night that James Harden went into Oakland and tore the hearts out of Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, Steve Kerr and 19,596 bandwagoners. Slept well.

luckyman76, Deuce, D-rock and 23 others like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At least one GSW fan probably slept well, too, for allowing himself to speak the truth.

Deuce, D-rock, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A healthy Prince Luc would have outclassed Iggy in the playoffs, we all know that.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i hate it when they describe him as offensive scorer or ofensive player....why simply not say the best player

D-rock likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and the other one is also nearby having an unobstructed clear cut view.... its not some ambiguous touch foul in the crowded paint that they missed

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't die on that hill. Capela was great despite his poor defensive first half on Looney. Capela's Stamina is amazing now.

D-rock and shvedsucks like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh my goodnes, the anguish of the crowd is filling me with joy.

D-rock, bro2044, Dankstronaut and 2 others like this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member