1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

I predict a win

Harden needs to be aggressive
    Dwight needs to be active
    Trevor needs to hit his 3's

And Bev NEEDS to force Curry into a subpar shooting game. I been supporting Bev 100%. He really needs to contain Curry. Curry can't be stopped. But he CAN be forced into rushed shots. I expect Bev to play one of his best defensive games tonite. Jason Terry does NOT need to be guarding Curry at any point in this game

2. theimpossibles1

I think we have gone about this all wrong as a team. On one hand you have GS, best record in the NBA, 3-0 against us with big margins, playing in their comfy home confines. This had the potential to be a trap game for them. Then James and company had to come out and say this is a "statement game" and a veritable must win. There goes the trap factor. We all knew this was a huge game, but to go out and share it with the media.... All that does is fuel the fire for GS. Along with that you have Howard complaining about his knee again. Will he even play?

What this also does is create a huge gamble on the game, as far as our future confidence. Clearly we are going to come out of the gates hot on this one. It will be a playoff intensity game. Harden, coming off a near career high, has been known to fade under big pressure (playoffs). So yes, a win would be HUGE in restoring his playoff confidence, and HUGE for our team's confidence going forward. However, if we lose, we are basically faced with the fact that we aren't as good as we thought we were.

All in all, I think this will be an extremely hard fought game. Very close, but the referees will screw us because the intensity in the building will be sky high and we all saw what happened when we played our hearts out in Chicago only to have them torn out and stomped on by the referees.

Heartache or Jubilation, one or the other is coming tonight. I hope it's the latter.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Speaking of this who's reffing tonight? If it's Tony Brothers might as well chalk it up as a loss

4. jogo

jogo Member

GSW is and 8.5 point favorite. It's going to be really hard for us to win this game.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Meh vegas lines are wrong a lot

Grizzlies were a 10 point favorite against us this season and we blew them out
    Thunder were a 2 point favorite and we blew them out
    Rockets were a 8 or 9 point favorite vs the Magic and look what happened....

Im not saying we are gonna win but....

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

truffffff

7. Harden's beard

It's simple math guys...
    Rox>OKC
    OKC>GS
    GS>ROX
    ROX>GS

We win tonight!

1 person likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets most importantly need to get back on defense every time. They could've built a decent lead over the Warriors the other night in the first half and possibly avoided the second half meltdown if they'd just quit giving up easy transition layups(including off of made baskets).

9. Himdemm

Himdemm Member

Would love for Motiejunas to have 15+ fga in this one but hey....that'll just make too much sense

Praying for the best expecting the worst unfortunately

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Must win......everybody and their mama is watching.....after that last beat down at home????? Must win...Full Stop!!!!!!
    They took us to the woodshed!!!!!
    Statement game!!!!!
    Everybody please show up and don't embarrass your fans

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Win or die! Take this forum down and send everyone packing if we lose! ;)

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Officials tonight:
    [​IMG]
    Jason Phillips

[​IMG]
    Mark Lindsay

[​IMG]
    Tre Maddox

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Oh **** this tonight, so hype.

14. theimpossibles1

[​IMG]

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

So are the refs tonight like Tony Brothers? If so, mail it in and take a L.

Dude was horrendous last week.

16. theimpossibles1

I don't know anything about these refs and their histories, but just based off the eyeball test from those pics;

Jason is the easily influenced guy who is gonna give all the calls to the home court.

Mark is the uppity new guy who is STRICTLY by the book, even when the more experienced ref wants to call something else.

Tre is the steady veteran hand. He will call a fair game, but he will also favor Jason over Mark if he has to make a decision.

Overall ref score (10 being the best for houston) I give it a 7. Not bad at all.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No Tony Brothers, so I'm okay

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

We just need to play great individual and team D and we got this win.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

McHale said they spent most of yesterday's practice working on transition defense, so hopefully something will translate.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I held Curry to 7/24 shooting last night on NBA2K, so I'm feeling good about this game.