1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2015.

1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

If anyone in the Bay Area wants to go to the game, I have an extra ticket as a friend just dropped out. Just PM me.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Male or Female?

3. newAge_Rockets

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

GS has made a "believer" out of me, they are clearly the most talented and deepest team in the NBA. That doesn't mean the Rockets can't beat them, but it won't be easy. They will have to play a near perfect game: no lazy passes, mindless turnovers, dumb shots. Must be laser focused and high energy from the get go. Play aggressive defense, and move the ball......move the ball. When you stand and dribble, you let the defense rest.

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

All depends on harden. I'm starting to question his mentality after his last two playoff runs and the last match between curry knowing that it was a big game for the run for mvp

1 person likes this.
  6. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

The problem is the Rockets never lay a single game without lazy passes, mindless turnovers, and dumb shots, it's who they are and who they have been all season long... I highly doubt they will suddenly get it together when they hit the playoffs where the good teams focus on capitalizing on those kind of mistakes, and they generally score off of them in transition through hustle play, something else the Rockets seem to lack during critical stretches of games. The worst thing is that our D just hasn't looked very good since Dwight came back, yet defensive rating and stats appear to belie this fact.

You are right if all those elements come together and they play consistently like that in the playoffs they can beat anyone (including the Clips), but i just do not see it happening. Right now in a 7 game series the only teams I give the Rockets a clear advantage over is... well Phoenix assuming they make it in and honestly thats it. A series against the Mavs is a toss up, and all the other 5 teams (including OKC) I think we lose to in the first round unless they clean up their D and play nearly perfect on O, which means Harden has to play like Jordan every game and that's not realistic to expect.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Would love a win but the Warriors are playing too well right now. Another beat down.

1 person likes this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I will take a win no matter how it's done. Just win.

[​IMG]

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is that Jeremy Lin?

1 person likes this.
  10. rocketsmetalspd

This game is all about PRIDE. Rockets need to come out and show they have some. Enough with the talk and get this W. Go Rockets!!

11. cbk41

cbk41 Member

They need to show they have some pride and some heart.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Here's to all the Milkhair fans, let see what he and his staff come up with to counter GS game plan. Show me something Mchale!

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Biggest game of the year. So far. We don't need to win, but we need to prove to ourselves that we can hang with them any day. As much as I'd hate a loss like the Chicago one, at least you knew coming out of there that we were betters and it was only the officials who decided the game and not our poor play.

1 person likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Playing and losing to GSW twice made playing them a mental thing. The game we got blown out was all about mentality, they played like they knew they were gonna lose.

15. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

132 - 112 GSW

1 person likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jerry Liu

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale's only strategy is to give the ball to Harden.

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Glad we get another chance so soon, though it sucks we won't play them anymore this year. We better come out with a vengeance!!!

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

The sad part when they went for a nap during that game...

If Harden drive left, he's trapped
    If harden pass right , that's a steel

If he goes to the rim, offensive foul ..

They studied all his moves

20. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Pride can not substitute bbiq

you just watch out smith shooting 3s and watch out dwight for his obligatory once a game offensive interfering plus once a game obligatory golatending plus a couple turnovers trying to dribble the ball while posting up...at the end of the day player whos insisting on posting up while there is a teammate who is 6 times better than him in posting up, and teammates who are his accomplices in this, not wanting to pass the ball to the right player, for the most effective play, have no pride...just watch them shooting 3 after 3 after 3 over the hands of defenders instead of going to what is reliable and efficient...pride is no substitute for bbiq

1 person likes this.