1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

To be honest you gotta shut up and put up. It's a jinxing thing to capture on video.

1 person likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Maybe don't get 130 dropped on y'all this time? That might be something worth trying?

1 person likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I just don't buy into this game meaning something more than any other game. I guess some of the players have spoken up saying they want this one bad, but if we lose I don't think any of them are going to truly believe that they can't beat them if they met in the postseason.

Even if this were to undoubtably prove that we couldn't beat GS in the playoffs there's a very strong possibility we never even meet them at any point if we were to advance. OKC beating them in the first round could easily happen. You never know how the path to advancing will look once it actually gets to playoff time.

We swept the spurs last year. Ultimately meant nothing. Never even had to see us and I doubt they were really sweating the prospect of playing a team that had swept them in the regular season.

The West, like it has been before, is looking more and more like another paper-rock-scissors scenario. 1 team might dominate 1, but not the other.

I'd love the win and to avoid the media running with the Rockets can't beat the wests best, but ultimately win or lose I don't think it definitively says more than 1 W or L.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Probably another embarrassing loss.

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketblood713

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not if they play with some energy. I swear the Rox staff don't talk to players or aiding them in any pregame decisions. Some of these dudes are dumb enough to eat a wedding cake the night before and come to the game with really bad crashes in energy.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know about that. I could see a close game where the Warriors pull away in the 4th(kinda like last time in Oakland), but I'd be stunned if the Rockets win. I predict a Golden State victory.

But I'm more concerned they just finish this road trip 2-1. Phoenix is a winnable game and LA should be a gimme if they take it seriously.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Let Curry get his...but everyone else better be complete non factors...The Rockets should look to beat up on the Warriors...BUT the Warriors are 18-1 and a much different team than a Mark Jackson coached team. Kerr has this team humming...

Harden needs to look to light up Klay Thompson, and Howard needs to destroy anyone inside the paint. Keys to victory stems from our defense....Time to put up or shut up. Rockets must look to prove something tomorrow night on national TV!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. RCPM

RCPM Member

Awesome!

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hope Kerr has an off day and has to visit the toilet often with the diarreheaz else he will run circles around McHale yet again.

1 person likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think it will be another double digit Rocket loss, unfortunately.

DD

1 person likes this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We lose to back-to-back Warriors at our home court days ago. We have little chance to win this one. sign.

1 person likes this.
  13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The Rockets need this speech told to them tomorrow right before the game...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9_PoLB8_cWw?list=FLmEvX6ioIep9-hxGmxUseAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Rockets need to redeem themselves

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kerr and the Warriors are just going to follow the same gameplan (the Blazers playoff blueprint of shutting down the perimeter while letting Dwight get his). McHale has yet to find a solution for this and probably never will.

1 person likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Thinking of busting out my Chalk Line Olajuwon jacket for this.

1 person likes this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

McHale: I don't know what to do. :(

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No matter win or lose, at least we need to play with great effort.

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Didn't know this happened. Pretty sad he said this and then got shut down on the way to a blowout loss. The only thing that will redeem it is a blowout win.

1 person likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Come on, Rockets! Beat these ****ers!