1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 1/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unless some changes are made via trade, we will continue to struggle. Coaching is of course critical too, but McHale is not an X's and O's man. He can made incremental adjustments, but that won't be enough.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You keep shuffling the deck unless you win a ring, no? And then you think long and hard if you still need to shuffle the deck still. How many times have the Spurs kept the same roster year after year? Not sure why people are mad at DM for doing his job and trying to make the team better :confused:

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bev and Ariza to the bench. Schved and Brewer starters. Roster needs a shake up.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just one of them.....we can play one 3 and D guy but not 2.

DD

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You dont have to be a scientist that teams are favored in this league. I dont know why fans act so surprised? There is plenty of evidence on the net good and bad, that support game-rigging. Refs are rated by the GMs and coaches to determine which ones coach into the playoffs. Dick baveta used to bring cookies to certain coaches in the league. Look at how 2013 lakers made it to the playoffs! Phil jackson saying on camera that the refs have helped them get closer to winning. Jeff van Gundy complaining on air about bad refs. People say that spurs are a small market... only in the u.s.! They are the international franchise. You just gotta take it for its entertainment value. To me the NBA does not pass the eye test for authenticity year in and year out.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Golden State is the best team in the league and Atlanta is 2nd....

But GS is far and away the best they have that all timey feel to them.

DD

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

They were trying to create the whole narrative on the court that thompson is better than harden. Any idiot coach would already have made the change. And we didnt put starters in when we cut it close? While warriors put their starters in? Ofcourse our bench was gassed and didnt have an answe the end.

8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

If you go by this board, you wouldn't be able to tell if Morey tinkers with the roster too much or not enough. It changes depending on who's ranting and what last game's result was :p

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Neither will win the Championship imo

Rocket River

10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I'm inclined to agree. I remember when Dallas was like 42-4 at the all-star break or something and everyone said they were on par with Jordan's Bulls. Dirk got crowned MVP, and then lost in the first round to Baron Davis and the Warriors.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

But this has been the "plan" ever since the days of CD. I have long bemoaned this concept of shuffling through players until somehow, someway they hit upon a combination that "clicks". I would prefer a more measured approach but with Morey, it is what it is. One of the biggest advantages the Spurs have is their continuity and that's been an issue here for some years now. And while Howard may indeed be the "best center in the league", I am not sure what type of advantage that entails in a league dominated by wing players. Of course, it would help him greatly if his head coach stopped trying to play him the way he played in the 1980s when there were no zone defenses but I digress...

12. anchel

anchel Member

And why not? Dray Green and Barnes are basically 3&D, and Bogut is no offensive threat apart from his passing.

The only thing I would change about our lineup is the figure of a shooting PF, or at least start with somebody with more mobility than Dmo defending outside.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

why not? its not that difficult to see. i guess you dont see in their lineup, aleast 3 guys can get a shot on their own in curry, klay, and barnes. while houston has 1 guy.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Atlanta will be out in the 2nd round and Golden State gets knocked out in 1st.

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I agree. I'm by no means salty but I still can't seem to get on the GSW wagon. I just can't fathom they continue being this hot.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe not, but they are closer to it than we are right now.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

This

Plus imagine if OKC is at the 8th spot? Westbrook/Durant in the playoffs.....

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very true, but I wonder who the Rockets will be watching in June with us?

19. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Lol I don't blame you, you probably only watches Harden play and look at Curry's stats and highlights.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

you've been tolerable up to this point but you're starting to cross the line with your Warriors fanboism in the GARM