1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 3/6/2010 (FINAL: 112-98 Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2010.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Will be watching this wile eating Dominos Pizza... then it might get boring so I will switch it to HBO to watch a move. 30 min later, I will think "**** the rockets!" and change it back. The last time this happened was the 05-06 season.

*sigh*

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yeah, I have 7000+ posts just because I have nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Are they gonna put in Mad Dog and have him start jacking up 3s?

Or are we gonna keep the eye on the prize for the Brandon Roy draft pick?

DD

4. sw847

sw847 Member

Kinda must win game if we want to stay in the playoff race.

But personally I really don't mind being in the lottery.

Not tanking, but lets see what some of our young guys have to offer. I said this at the begining of the season, I want us to make the playoffs on the back of the young guys. We already seen what brooks can do, and know what martin is capable of. So I really want to give more shots to Cbud, JJ, Hill and anderson, instead of brooks jacking up 15+ shots again.

Just to clarify before someone calls me a 'not a real fan', this is not tanking but to develop our young guys. We all know we have no hope against the lakers in the playoffs and have very little chance of getting any higher seeds.

5. plates300

plates300 Member

I'm all for making the playoffs but at the current rate the rockets are going at, it's a very slim chance. I am also not for tanking either, but this year isn't about winning it all - its about developing our young guns. There is a difference between tanking and being competitive. I think the Rockets will lose more games this season but as long as they keep it competitive and the young guys get something out of it, then it's ok. Hope they win tonight - any kind of win is a confidence booster!

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Wow you remember that game. It was hilarious. I don't ever remember to teams trying to lose so badly. It was a hideous display of intentionally ugly basketball I have ever witnessed.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

Who is this year's Brandon Roy?

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If the Rockets lose this one, it's over and they deserve for it to be over. But they will win!

9. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

Need to get a 4 game win streak going. Starting tonight!!!

10. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Supposed to be Turner. Kid is really good.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Considering it will be hard for us to get further than 11th place in the lottery. And that definitely Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins are gone and probably Whiteside, Aldrich, Aminu, Wesley Johnson and Donatus or gone. The 10th will have to choose between Patterson, Ed Davis, Monroe, Henry, Sanders. Which means we will get whats left.

Now if we are lucky the clippers will have the 10thpick and they definitely need a SF, unless the think Griffin is done. So maybe they will take XHenry, or that international player Vessely or even Elias harris who I personally like better. So that means we have all of those PF's to choose from. Monroe is the most NBA ready but he is not a shotblocker. Patterson may be the best talent wise and overall skills and Davis is high on most peoples list but I like this Sanders kid.

He is very raw and will bring very little in the way of offense right away and he has the least experience and will need time to improve. Still he runs like a horse and is eager to learn and work. Don't pay so much attention to his numbers. His freshman year he averaged 7.4 blocks per 40 minutes when he was asked to just block and rebound. Now he has a team of shooters he don't know how to get the ball to him and a new coach who runs him all over the floor like JVG did to Yao. He can run the floor shoot from the perimeter and rebound. Also like Hill he started basketball late but he started in the 11th grade because he was a late bloomer and not because he wasn't really interested in the sport.

Of course this could all be for naught because I am sure Morey would prefer Bosh over anyone and if he can't get Bosh than maybe Randolph or someone else ready to contribute today.

#31 Old Man Rock, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bill just said, "David Andersen will not play"

WTF?

13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

I bet Darko has a career numbers against us tonight.

16. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Clutch City?

More like Injury City amirite?

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

MAybe Jordan Hill can get minutes if David can't play

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Its a toss-up between us and Portland as far as injury city goes.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If Hilton Armstrong doesn't play today, he'll need to go take David Andersen's vacated spot in Europe.

20. LifeisButaDream

Probably see battier at the 4 :mad: