1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 3/1/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

6.5 point spread, pretty accurate i think if not a little generous

2. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Rockets better win this game tonight....or else....people are going to be really upset..

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

THANK GOD there is a game tonight.

DD

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yao really needs to join the 50's club before he retires, perfect game to do that.

No AJ should an automatic W in the columns, but than again, choking is a habit.

Any word carl?

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

We desperately need this win. I can't believe that I witnessed the worst 4th quarter collapse in franchise history, and we need this win to wipe the bad taste out of my mouth.

And yes, Landry will play tonight. Worell talked about it last night.

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Yup, there's nothing better than redeeming oneself after an embarrasment like last night. However, I have a feeling it's going to be the same story only to come up with a win by a less than 10pt margin.

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Yao is going to dominate

8. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

No Al Jefferson to dominate.
    No excuse to lose.

9. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

he better after that lazy effort last night.

10. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

LANDRY WILL BE PLAYING TONIGHT!!!

11. TheBigAristotle

i don't see us losing tonight, but i don't see us winning by 40 either.

I say we win by 10-15 pts and just get this game done with, lol.

12. TheBigAristotle

nice . that's some kickass news :)

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No Al Jefferson means they will have to put either Collins, Smith, or Williams. None of them can really contain Yao, so he should have his way. I just hope we don't settle for as many 3's as we did for the Chicago game. And PLEASE, for the love of god, play the full 48 minutes! I hope this team can actually CLOSE the game out. They have done a terrible job of actually closing the game out in the last 7 games.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It all comes down to ball movement and picks. the rockets failed to spot open players the last few minutes. Now the players werent open at first, but once a rocket made a move, the player opened up, but by then the rocket was comitted to trying to score. And no it wasn't just Ron, Scola did the same thing when he got called for charging. They just need to be a bit more patient and not have tunnel vision.

the other thing is picks. The rockets weren't using picks much or used them/set them poorly. This is were chuck comes in, he should have played. the guy is a great picker and he would have definitely given Aaron or wafer enough time to disrupt the D. As great as Rose is he gets an edge by having his defender picked very well by a big body like Noah, this gives his a step on his opponent and when you add that step to his already quick first step, there's no way to catch up to him. Aaron needs to be given that advantage also.

Most importantly, they can't lose their attitude, they lost it last night and they looked like high schoolers in awe or frightened by big bad NBA players...

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

If they lose against the Wolves tonight without Jefferson, whoa, that's going to be a problem. Remember this year's Rockets have mastered the art of losing to the worst teams. They have done it all season long. The Wolves are one of the league's worst teams, just like the Bulls.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The wolves really are bad, the bulls only ACT like they are bad, that team cant get it together consistently, but every few games when they do, they can beat ANYONE.

also, dont forget the bulls got EMBARASSED by the wiz the previous game. Obama is a bulls fan and went to that game to watch them and they blew it with him sitting in the front row. They had gone to the white house to meet him the day before. apparently they were very disappointed in themselves for not coming up with a btter effort, on top of that they recently had the death of Kerr, a bulls legend, so they had all these reasons to come out fighting and you know Del Negro pointed all of this out to them.

17. peter_pan

peter_pan Member

we should take this win, whatever

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

in feb, the bulls beat new orleans, denver, detroit AND orlando...they aint no joke...

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

They are like us. We usually beat the good teams and struggle with the teams below .500. That's exactly what they go through.

20. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

lmao win please.. rockets dont choke in 4th q

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.