1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/26/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

It's more so if we can play at a high pace. Last game we played slow, therefore the struggle.

2. VanityHalfBlack

I believe the 4 to were fouls in Lin's credit.. Poor officiating by the refs..

3. liunatic

liunatic Member

Yea...if anything those are the type of turnovers that you want from Lin. It shows that he's being aggressive going into the lane. In addition, those type of turnovers stop the ball, so the Timberwolves didn't have opportunities to run a break when the defense wasn't set up.

Besides, if you watched the game, Barea should get the flopping award of the century. I'm waiting for him to get find especially since he's already been warned by the league.

4. Luca

Luca Member

In the last few minutes when the referee called an offense foul on Barea, did he give Lin an elbow as i didn't see on the the replay? Can someone pls make a gif of that?

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

It was a little bit of an elbow but dont think its intentional.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Lin was playing Barea very tight. Barea went to raise his arms and clocked Lin right in the head with his elbow as they came up.

Don't think it was intentional, but a hit to the head is nearly always going to be called a foul.

7. Luca

Luca Member

Thank u. It was nerve racking but I'm glad we won.

8. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you.

9. steady

steady Member

I love this team! Great determination and will, and James Harden, Amazing.
    Houston -- I think we can safely say for sure now, we have something special going on.

10. Viola

Viola Member

[ctweet][​IMG][/ctweet]

:grin:

11. Postcall

Postcall Member

Does anyone know why Lin was wearing the knee brace again during the game? He was not wearing anything during the Chicago game and I was wondering if he had a setback or if this was planned?

12. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

How about Mchale only playing 8 guys on back to back nights? hes running the starters into the ground. The most physically fit guy needs some rest now and then.

13. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I just don't quite get how you all still act as though McHale doesn't know his team better than you, and how he gets no credit for interjecting energy in to that game via the bench and rotations. Instead it's crap like this where he somehow should be chastised for not using more guys?

For every game you all say "he lost us" there is a game like last night where one can say he won for us. Instead, it's only players who win the games, and it's only coaches who lose the games.

Hard to understand the average Rockets fan anymore.

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Herm Edwards has publicly said this as well. Coaches can't win games, they can only lose them. Of course we know that isn't true, it's just the natural reaction for most "fans." Coaching is like being a weatherman, to me. You can be right 360 times per year, but people will always remember the time you were wrong.

15. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, Morey has the point of view that the vast majority of coaches only have a marginal impact in terms of extra wins, but can have a huge negative impact in terms of extra losses.

In other words, most head coaches KNOW basketball. However, it's how often they make critical mistakes that distinguishes the good coaches from the bad ones.

Look at it this way... if you have a very complex machine, you have to be brilliant to improve upon the original design, but only competent to keep it running. And it only takes a few errors to completely break it.

Basketball teams are similar. Sure, there are the handful that are strategically brilliant. However, those are few and far between. IE, If you don't have a brilliant coach, you just want one that will make the fewest errors possible.

16. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I agree, it's just that the magnitude of the myopia and the vitriol of the hatred has gotten so prevalent on these boards of late. I wish there'd be a more balanced discussion that revolves more around the positive things with ideas for improvement instead of the mindless OMGWTFDIDHEJUSTBENCHMYGUY crap.

1 person likes this.
  17. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

What happened yesterday? I was traveling across seas so I missed it. I read Harden went clutch at 4th qtr, but was steamed for the first 3 qtrs. And I saw that Lin has 7 TOs and only 1 assist, but am hearing different opinions about it. Are there any highlights?

I'm really glad they still somehow got a win! Shows that the team is learning how to be clutch in nights where they are struggling. 16-12 is a damn good record.

18. coach41

coach41 Member

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

There are a few highlights here, but you would probably be better off watching the torrent from kcplayoffs in the NBA Dish.

Basically, it was a really sloppy game by both teams, the backdoor cuts from Minnesota gave the Rockets hell, Kevin Love had a horrible night, a few of Lin's turnovers were because Asik has trouble catching last second passes on the run, the bench brought us back, and the Beard brought us victory.

1 person likes this.
  20. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Last night was a perfect example of a coach winning a game for a team with his rotations. Everyone in the NBA believes that we are outperforming expectations by a large margin, who gets the credit for that? Morey? I don't know how you can look at it without addressing the fact that the coach is obviously leading his players and getting them to play every night. Not every coach commands respect, we have one that does. A young team like ours would eat 3/4 of NBA coaches alive, ours just laughs and says "talk to me when you're in the HoF."