1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/26/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

uh, no.

Weights don't screw up your jump shots 4 months later. maybe for 4 days. In fact they should improve it as you are using your upper body less to elevate.

I think fatigue affected him. I would have liked to see him get more assists and less turnovers. the shooting percentage i can live with. It's the assists to TO that I want to see look good every night. 7 TO is way way too much.

2. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

The Minessota game showed we have the potential to be an elite team. Elite teams always find a way to pull out a W even when their shots aren't falling. I really like how Harden has matured as a player as well. Compared to the first 3 weeks, he has grown as a player. I also like the fact that McHale went back to Lin in the 4th. McHale has also grown to trust and know his players, which is critical for the team's overall development. This game was huge for the development of this team in the future.

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The Chinese announcers are horrible and don't really know what they're talking about.

The thing is that China is so behind in sports training methods and theory that a lot of them like to attribute things to race since it's easier.

For example, they used to believe that Asian's weren't good swimmers because they had poor upper body strength (despite having several Olympic golds in weightlifting).

But then something interesting happened, a couple years back some of the most promising Chinese swimmers went to Australia to train and guess what? They won a bunch of Olympic gold medals this year.

And one of the most shocking things was the Australian coaches saying how far behind the Chinese coaches were in how to train athletes that they virtually had to undo years of bad coaching.

Anyway, if Lin has trouble on back-to-backs it has to do with his own physical attributes, not because he's Asian. Besides, like others have said, he's done well before. Today was just an off night that he needs to shake off.

(Also, Yao isn't a good example to compare with. He's a big guy so back-to-backs probably do tire him out. Yi might be a better example as I never saw him get tired, but he was so lazy and sloppy that he wasted his physical talents...)

1 person likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Here is the jump ball call that led to one of Lin's "turnovers":

[​IMG]

5. Viola

Viola Member

Thank you! Everybody knows that was a foul.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Poor officiating will hurt a young team like the Rockets... Good character showing by this young ball club to win this one in Minnesota..

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

If the Rockets protect the basketball, they have a really good chance to win a lot of games. Turnovers are what killed us last night, but when you have a superstar and a closer, sometimes you can steal win. This teams showed a lot of grit and character last night. Even though Harden closed out the game, we made some stops at the end to give us a chance.

8. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

1. tried to watch the Rockets games in CCTV5 (Mandarin)/ Canton Sports (Cantiones) and they are indeed terrible in commenting games. Wind up I went back to Firstrow.

2. China is still dominating in Diving, Badminton and Table Tennis. I know some people do not consider those are real sports events but I still do as long as the Olympics considers them are. :)

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

I think at this point its almost a guaranteed win if both our PG and SG play well.

10. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

fixed..sorry

11. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Thanks for the pic. I don't think Lin is one to flop.

12. Viola

Viola Member

They are so dumb! They are so-called Chinsese bb analysts who express themselves in a self-contemptuous manner regarding their own race! :eek:

13. me005

me005 Member

Great analysis as usual :) Keep posting

Wolves came in to the game prepared to stop our run and gun style. It's a huge learning experience for this team.

Ugly, tough, but excellent team win - with our bench effort to close the gap to 2, with Lin and Asik defensive plays in the 4 qtr, and with our superstar James CLUTCH Harden.

14. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

I'll take it over a missed 3 anyday.

15. GIGO

GIGO Member

Lin's foot is somewhere in here:

Rocket’s shot chart (vs. Timberwolves, Dec 26, 2012)
    [​IMG]

16. GIGO

GIGO Member

17. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

It's self-hate, period. They've internalized the racism that's been spewed by white media.

You should start a movement to get them fired. Anybody with that sort of attitude should not be allowed a voice in the media. Also, even if Asians weren't good at long-distance swimming, you still shouldn't believe in it.

But this is the reason so many Asians are cheering for Lin - because he helps dispel some of the internalized racism about themselves. Asians should stop watching Hollywood movies, reading western magazines, and start cultivating their own positive media. Unfortunately, whites dominate Asian media so much that you have billboards full of white people in Asia.

White people in the media purposely discriminate against Asians, and often portray them as weak and feminine. They'll make movies in set in Asia starring a white guy, who gets the girl, while the Asian male becomes an evil villain or a cipher in the plot.

18. torocan

torocan Member

This win in a nutshell from a T-Wolves fan.

Poor shooting, bad calls, tired legs, and they willed themselves to a win.

I'll take that any night of the week.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He's not even grabbing the ball!

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I'm seriously worried about the conditioning of the team. I remember Asik had a sloppy game against the Knicks which was a back to back as well, he looked tired and timid. Then Lin had one of his worst games with 7 TO, in the first 3 qtrs he looked absolutely spaced out, he lost his focus and he was still a bit passive with all those long jumpers. Even Harden was forcing the issue a bit before he broke out in the 4th qtr --- I think someone tweeted during the game that Harden was looking for fouls instead of attacking the basket.

I wonder if there's something wrong with the conditioning of this team, being so young they should have no problem adapting to back to backs from a pure physical standpoint.