1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/26/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2012.

1. steady

steady Member

Yes, Love is playing.

2. rocketblood713

this is gonna be a good one !

3. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

Unleash the DMo

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Luke Ridour, J.J. Barea, and a broke down Ricky Rubio... Its amazing that the Wolves have the record they have cuz their guards suck and its going to be the death of them tonight.

Harden and Lin combine for 60 tonight and will be sitting on the bench all smiles with five minutes left in the forth quarter.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Don't give up!! Fight the power!!
    I just punched my little sister's face in, and hp kicked his dog, again-
    in defiance to Comcast!

Viva la revolucionnnnn!

6. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

The only stomping I want to see tonight is on the scoreboard, by the Rockets!

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Love will be a tough matchup. Hope our backcourt can outscore their frontcourt.

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

so how does this Rockets team matchup against the Wolves?

Lin > Ridnour/Rubio on limited minutes (lin should continue to get easy buckets through constant penetration)

Harden >>> JJ Barea (!--no comparison. How many Bearded Blocks on JJ?)

Omer >>Pekovic (Omer will be battling Pekovic AND Love for boards. Could get dicey but he is def. the better player at C)

Morris <<< Love (but coming back from an injury...only way morris can salvage the match-up is if he can really focus on denying Love outside jumpshots. will be tricky)

Parsons = Kirilenko (due to knee acting up and a defensive wash? Parsons is way dreamier though. So for that he gets an extra point :rolleyes:)

Bench: Houston > Minn (this should be in Houston's favor with the play of Douglas, Del3no, and Smith emerging. Maybe a DMO sighting? Shved could hurt the Rockets for MN. No C-Bud though to party it up. Its close. )

Coaching: McHale << Adelman (Adelman has the proven track record but Mchale's team is showing promise. Still no contest but McHale is doing beter).

Overall, "on paper" we should take this game. I like the Wolves, they've got an exciting team but the way the Rockets are rolling, hopefully they can do damage. Big X FACTOR is that it is an away game vs. a Western Conference Team.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

go rockets!!!

10. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I heard Morey say this morning that Parsons injury was nothing serious. I don't know if the report has changed since then. But it would be good to let Smith, D-Mo, Aldrich, or Jones get time at the 5 and 4 spot and let Morris get time at the 3 if Parsons can't go.

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

If we had Parsons I'd say 'fo sho!' But without him, that's tough. Our components all work in tandem. Plus, their big dudes will prevent a lot of rebounds which is kinda key to our fast break game. However..
    Bottom line: Bet Rockets even though Chandler being injured may hurt us a lot because even were we to lose, we'd be fighting and keepin' it close. We desperately want to take these games before the OKC SAS games so max effort will be there. (Just don't hate me if we don't cover..)

12. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I don't think this game will be a blowout like the last few ones but definitely winnable the way our starters have stepped up lately. Hopefully we'll keep seeing an aggressive JLin + super efficient Harden.

13. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Parsons b playin' yo

14. jocar

jocar Member

slam it. double down! :D

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i don't think they will win the game, they will lose the next three games, this is just too hard for this team....

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

i'm a better and its looking bleak. I'd stay away from the game. If you really want to bet though, I'd say Minny unfortunately. I can be wrong though!

parsons is playing btw

17. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Rockets will cover tonight. Enjoy the cash.

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Yea rebounding is a key to the fast break, but the Rockets even fast break off of opponents made baskets. I don't think they are going to miss Parsons much if he doesn't play. Harden is subject to dump 40 plus with J.J. or Luke holding him.

19. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Btw. Pekovic is no joke. He can be a downright monster at times. That's an awesome matchup to watch out for. I would say most of the league thinks Pekovic is better by far. Pekovic is averaging 18 pts and 9 rebounds in 33.6 mins per game in December and that's with Love to steal away so many of the available rebounds. That's a mean feat. He's darn near immovable and the closest thing to Hulk we have in the league. To the contrary Omer's averaging 11.1 pts and 10.8 rebounds in 28.6 mins.
    Another amazing matchup is Lin vs Rubio. Rubio got super excited and competitive against Lin last time, and I'd expect the same. Great kids, great pgs, great competitors.
    And the KLove tryout. If we want him to be interested in our team, we better put a ass whoopin on their team. No better method of recruitment next to money. Could be an exciting game. Go Rockets!

20. The_Real_McCoy

Has anybody noticed that the top 7 wolves players are white guys, and most are from Europe? It's actually a good way to keep good players on a small market team, international players don't care as much about playing in a big market.