1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/17/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah that fair enough i guess, just...would this change if he loses 10/15 pounds? Not sure about that, Pat (ok, different player etc) got a lot of benefits about losing 20 punds, same thing for Lebron (even though i don't remember how much weight he lost). What i'm saying is that even if loses 10/15 pounds, James would still be the strongest guy in his position, and this could help him since he would be more mobile but also durable in the long time.

2. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

harden definitely got all ball on that play.

3. eslate22

eslate22 Member

agreed... ariza did slightly swipe wiggins' arm but the refs won't call that in the last 15 seconds of a game... wiggins should have just pulled it out and we would have been forced to foul and in all likelihood lose the game

vtjsr2 likes this.
  4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I am glad there is a 2 day break for the Rockets (they need it). Ending the streak to a young team would have sucked. Instead, we get to sulk in that W. My weekend sucked (had to work) but this game more than made up for it.

Big man tendencies. They always want to protect the rim even when a 2 can't hurt them.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait, they won this game? I stopped watching around the 4 min mar and was miserable they whole weekend....... WTF? How?

BigShasta and TheMystery008 like this.
  6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

That was good defense and the NBA agrees based on the last 2 minute report.

Stop trying to make the NBA soft.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

What's the latest on Capela? Is he playing tomorrow against the Spurs?

Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Gordon

Then Harden took over in OT.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

So happy right now... Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon but this is the best I've ever seen The Rockets... Something special and magical about this season so far.... Been watching since Steve Francis era when......

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Very tough last minute to officiate, but yes I think if you ask a group of refs what to do in those situations a majority would say that none of the contact was enough to warrant a shooting foul in either direction. On one Minnesota drive Harden defended perfectly, went up and down and even backed off significantly to show that he wasn't the one initiating contact. The closest call that was not made would be a loose ball on the wiggins rebound putback attempt. But I'm glad the NBA came out and defended these refs. Very hard to let the away team come back late in the NBA.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it was an airball and the shot clock was winding down.

11. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Harden's last two minutes help defense has been instrumental...not just this last game, but in many others... just like Beverley's hustle in the last two minutes of very close games. I mean, everyone is like, super focused in the last few minutes of close games...and that's pretty much is the difference maker.

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

wonder if he'll hit an equipment manager in that time

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think Lebron dropped the weight because he sensed his athleticism draining. If you remember he missed the 2 weeks for the first time of his whole career that first year with the Cavs because of knee soreness.

I don't know how old you are but iv even experienced general pain in the knees as I approached 30 never had that when I was in my early to mid 20s.

And lebron at his absolute peak was big like 270 now he prob plays closer to 245-250.

My guess is harden is around 235 and will drop to 220-225 after this contract when he's in the back end of his prime.

All the greats do this. I remember the media making a big deal about Kobe coming into camp at 225 which was the lightest he had been in years. And boom he gets pay gasol wins 2 chips and goes to three straight finals but that wasn't athletic peak Kobe either.

I'm sure when harden drops the weight it will be so he can be as quick as he is now. He's got the type of game we're he needs that mass to bump into guards and bigs of that pick and creat space survey the court and do what he does.

I'm sure if he just focused on purely scoring than losing weight and getting more bouncy and quicker would help him score more but I'm not sure it would help his overall game.

Vivi likes this.