1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 11/15/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2005.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

think we will break 100 tonight?

2. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

foul! and mcgrady will shoot 3

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Shooting is horrible. 5 of 18.

4. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

damn right

anderson and alston would be ****ing strangled to death if spreewell was on this team

edit: to reinterate what I'm talking about

see below[​IMG]

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

the 2nd foul called on Yao was absolutely horrible. Yao gets much more contacts on the offensive end and never got the benefit of officiating. When will Yao ask for a T for this crap? I would have "F U" that ref on the spot with such anger that scares the b*stard to wet his pants.

6. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

Why didn't we learn our lesson from last season when Sura was out? I hope Stro and DA pan out, but damn if they don't look like terrible fits for this team right now. I mean, it really aint that hard to find the type of players we all know we need to surround TMAC and Yao...PJ Brown, Udonis Haslem, Ruben Patterson...high energy tough guys. The league has quite a few of them... and yes, they CAN be had for fairly cheap.

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Seriously, if this was a half-decent team (the T-Pups that is) we wouldn't even be in the game.

Deke just got away with a travel/push right there..

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is painful to watch. The Rockets look soooooo awful, just wretched. I can't believe what I am seeing. Ming looks lost tonight, it is like his feet are in cement. And the outside shooting brickfest continues. But, thankfully many of you are not worried, it's early, no problem, time to gel, the sun is shining, all is well.........

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

This careless turnovers are killing us.

10. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

You can't stand in the paint for more than 3 secs.

and what exactly do you suggest Yao do when his man goes out to set the pick. Just not go out with him and guard anyone. Every center in the league has to do what he does if his man goes out to set the pick.

#90 Texas Stoke, Nov 15, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I love Bill Worrell, but I have to know, am I the only one who cringes each and every time he describes some player like Rashad McCants or Luther Head as a "Number One Draft Choice" or a "Number One Pick"? I mean, that's baseball. It may be football, I don't know. I don't follow football, but it is not basketball. In basketball, there is only one number one pick every year. The rest of the guys are first round draft picks. When he said there were four number one picks out of North Carolina last year, he just sounded kind of foolish to me, because not only is it untrue, it's mathmatically impossible.

I know, I know! I'm being anal. I'm nit picking. I know! But you have no idea how long that's been on my chest. That is all.

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

hmm...... I think what this team needs is a good sex scandal

say....... The Galveston Bay Sex Boat

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Would love to have Ruben Patterson, but he ain't cheap.

As for the type of players we need on this team, it's starting to look to me like all we need are three SGs next to Yao and McGrady who can just spot up and knock down shots, not penetraters or ball-handlers or anything else; the only ballhandler we need is T-Mac when he draws defense into him and dishes it to a Jon Barry-type shooter to knock it down with consistency.

DA, Rafer, and Stro don't qualify as such, but I will give them more time (until mid-January or so) until I make up my mind/until they prove me wrong.

14. TMac640

is that really a concern when we're coming out of the gate down by 10-15 every night ? lmao

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Like I said, it's been bothering me for a LONG time, so I figure this time is as good as any.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

That tops it up, the gun slinger criminal boy hits a 3. just when we were starting to hit a couple of shots.

17. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The reason opposing team centers go out and set picks is because Yao is weak at pick and roll defense but he HAS to go out there and show. You can't just say ok my man is going out to set the pick but i'm going to stay here with one foot in the lane and another out and not go out and defend it because I AM YAO. No other player in the league would do that and Yao is not some special person who can't deal with it.

18. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

so many FT already, ref killing this game

19. TMac640

mine as well

lol

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

Give me more EG. he sucks :)