1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 11/15/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2005.

1. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

the rockets have been playing like that for years. even during the hakeem era.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Yet another Thank you R2K, you consistantly do this and I want to let you know I for one really appriciate these highlights.

3. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I would be concerned if they didn't play that way.

5. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Thanks for the vid, as always.

6. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

what's that Luther Head pregame feature thing?

7. judoka739

judoka739 Member

As far as blatantly leveling the playing field, I agree completely but its done everywhere: affirmative action, tax brackets, workplace hiring policies... why not the NBA. Although one could argue that bringing down an asian 7'6" giant is kind of like reverse affirmative action as the majority of the NBA is not asian. my 2 cents

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

After a night to think about it, I am still very concerned about this team. They may gel, they may get chemistry, pick up the pace, etc. etc., but RIGHT NOW, they don't look anything like a playoff team, much less a contender. There are many teams in the league that have experienced as many player changes as the Rockets, but are doing much better. At present, the Rockets look like they are running in sand. And how do you explain the lethargy. They actually look disinterested at points, and I can't believe they are. I expected some adjustments, but not for them to look this slow and, well, untalented.

9. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

everyone needs to just sit back and chill for a sec

our next two games are against inferior teams (SA,DET)

so I fully expect us to win both.

need any further convincing?

just look at the sig.

10. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

plus....

it's the first game of a back to back

so when we win against SA and lose the next... we can always say it was a back to back and all will be fine :)

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't get to the computer after the game so I'm commenting now. I'm ecstatic we pulled out a road win. We needed it desperately. Now all we have to do is beat SA and Detroit to be ABOVE 500. :D

As a side note, as pleased as I was to come away with the win, does anybody else just feel for KG? Toward the end of the game it seemed like he was the only player in a T-Wolves uniform that was still trying to win and he just kept on battling til' the clock sounded off. During the game Bill Worrell said something about how KG and T-Mac are two guys who give the game everything they have in every game, and as much as I love T-Mac, I have to disagree with that statement. Maybe T-Mac has been giving it everything since he's been a Rocket, but he openly admitted he gave up on Orlando. Kevin Garnett has given everything every night since he came into the NBA and he's done so on a lot of really bad teams. I have immense respect for that guy. They talked before the game about how he may bolt when his contract is up because he isn't happy with how they've built around him, and I hope he does. It will be a crying shame if he doesn't get a ring before his career is over.

12. droxford

droxford Member

I gotta say I really like Kevin Garnett. Great talent. Great heart. Great hunger. Great sportsman. He and Duncan really set a good precedent.

When Garnett and Howard wrestled to the floor with each other, neither one lost his temper. Other players might have gotten up swinging fists, but not those two. They know that that's just passionate play. Very cool.

13. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

maybe should bench YAO since he lost something after TMAC back. confused and no confidence

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

15. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

I totally agree with this, this league simply will not treat Yao fairly, if he gets called every time he touches anyone, then he should get calls every single time he goes down the court. It is totally unfair.

16. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

I totally agree with this, this league simply will not treat Yao fairly, if he gets called every time he touches anyone, then he should get calls every single time he goes TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COURT, COZ HE IS GETTING MAULED. It is totally unfair.

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yao is still raped by the refs, no doubt about it. However, he still commits FAR too many stupid fouls and that part of his game he hasn't made much progress in since last season.

If Yao continues to commit dumb fouls, then the refs will only have more ammunition to continue screwing him. He was incredibly frustrated last night and that was plain evident from his body language and the look on his face everytime he picked up a foul (and the frightened look on his face whenever the whistle blows, it's as if he's waiting for the refs to screw him and he accepts it).

I really feel for Yao, but as I said in an earlier post: When he fouls hard and bulldozes his way in the lane like Shaq does, those ticky-tack fouls won't be called against him anymore. In short, he has to establish a reputation for aggressive playing/fouling, and then and only then will we see a change in the way refs call the game when he's around (long-term, not short-term).

18. sun12

sun12 Member

So why can't Yao have a special training everyday to hit a sandbag hard? Rox just needs to make some special arrangement for that.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, he's raped by the officials. I had a rant about it several pages back, during the game. Some people need anger management courses... Yao needs one that will promote his anger, and channel it onto the court. I agree that he needs to foul hard and "bulldoze his way to the basket," ala Shaq.

Is that teachable? Man, I hope so.