1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/19/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Could also be affected by the trade speculation and approaching trade deadline. While players will say those things don't bother them, don't believe it.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The Wolves saved the game with two new players just back from the D League on 10-day contract. And Mikael Gelabale and Chris Johnson scored a combined 26 points in the second half to take the game back from us.

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I prepared myself for the loss because of Kaitanuva's prediction but boy it still hurts. :(

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Never posted this in a thread, so posting it in the game thread for a reference link... this was the behind-the-back pass by Toney Douglas to Greg Smith for a slam.

[youtube]SO4SZVyVvkM[/youtube]

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Dork Elvis, go ahead and add this clip to the "Greg Smith is more than a toss-in" reel you plan on presenting to Petrie via iPad at the deadline.

"Geoff, we realize you're struggling with the notion of parting ways with Cousins. Frankly, we're struggling with the notion of bringing in a bonafide headcase. But, we've decided to sweeten the deal... out of respect. What do you think about a 6'10'' 22-year-old with a 36-inch vert and 7% body fat, who dropped 21 on 7-8 from the field (not to mention, 7-8 from the line) with 9 boards in a dubya over the Lakers, and 20 on 8-9 (4-6 FT) in a dubya over the C's. Oh, and he's recorded 3 blocks on 5 different occasions this year. This is his 2nd year in the NBA. He doesn't even average 15 min/game, Geoff."

Pipe dream, I know. Dreams are what make life tolerable. Either way, I'm very intrigued by Smith. Thanks for posting, Clutch. That was a great sequence. He got wide on the screen, rolled hard, and finished with authority.

I like.

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Good findings for why we lost.

7. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

The curse of 21-14

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

McHale and Sampson have been running our players like they are robots, stifling their creativity especially that of the PGs, and totally forgetting that they may get tired after so much B2B running on the road without enough rest.

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Agreed.

10. jocar

jocar Member

Agree that our defense sucks, but if you're trying to blame our losses on just Mchale and Harden you kind of lose your credibility. On top of that, I think you have NY Linsanity or the Spurs game on your brain and have blocked out all the other times he's the sole PG on the floor and didn't go Linsane. Your expectations are both unrealistic and unfair to Harden, "Mcfail", AND Lin.